Windower questions about plugins.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Free time has started, so I logged in. First thing I noticed: Status timer thing, unlike 3.0, which only showed the cool down, in a very nice little text, unobstrusive...is now a large image, showing a bar filling up that is distracting. Why a step back? And it also reports my current location as I walk around. I don't like that. I DO like that when I click on monsters it tells me their weaknesses and stuff, but well, it's SO obstrusive! And I can't find a way to customize it. Isn't there any way to remove this and merely put it's weaknesses / job / level when you do the /check command, rather than a large corner of your screen being taken up?

Also the timers run into each other - making them unreadable.  Basically, I am asking why did you change a simple thing, that was nice, down in the corner, to this huge monstrosity? And what can I do to keep functionality, but perhaps revert to the old look?

ALSO:

I added Windower to Steam and it can load up during PoL, but once in-game, it drops it. Kinda disappointed because I LOVE Steams Screenshot feature to auto-upload them and show them to your friends with ease.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

We didn't change anything, at all (well, we added Aftermath duration timers, but that's it). I'm not even sure what you're talking about to be honest, StatusTimer doesn't do half of the things you mentioned. In fact, I don't know of any plugin that does some of the things. Are you sure you aren't using other third party programs as well?

#3 cair

cair

• Windower Staff
      • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

You are describing a combination of

1) Timers - This has a graphical mode that can be set to false in its settings file.

2) Infobar - You can change its position in the settings file.

As for steam, I don't know what to tell you. It's probably not possible, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users