3 replies to this topic

#1 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

Dear Santa,

Please! (points at Byrthnoth) Someone add a weaponskill set to Petschool. Currently there's no way (that I know) to load a pet weaponskill set even with autoexec. And yet so much gear is available that enhances pet acc, racc and attack. I want to pull my old Puppetry Torque out of mothballs.

#2 Byrth

Byrth

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 85 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

The addon "Gearswap" is designed to replace the gear-changing aspects of spellcast and has this functionality as the pet_midcast function. Ghetto rigging this functionality into spellcast is possible, but I won't be doing it.

Here is an example of my SMN spellcast: http://pastebin.com/7rY7nMrL

You can see the function pet_midcast(spell,action), which contains my BP handling. This function is called when a pet readies a BP or begins to cast a spell, and I then equip the appropriate gear depending on which BP/spell it is. The same thing could be done for automatons. You could change to Cure potency gear when your automaton starts casting a cure, MAB gear when your automaton starts nuking, etc.

Here is a video of me using it:

#3 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Awesome thanks for this it's much appreciated. ^^

#4 banggugyangu

banggugyangu

• Members
          • Pip
          • 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

I know this is very necro, but I just wanted to comment that this is actually not possible.  This is the whole reason I didn't include such a feature in the first place.  When puppets use a weapon skill, the first packet the client receives regarding the weaponskill is actually the moment the weaponskill fires off.  Changing gear from that point or forward is useless, as the damage has already been calculated on the server.  There's absolutely no way for windower to know that a weapon skill is being used by the puppet until it has already been used.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users