Windower launch gui unreadable

4 replies to this topic

#1 cowtip

cowtip

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I'm sorry if this is super easy to fix, but I've spent the last hour looking for a solution with no luck. The first time I launched windower 4.0, I had no problem. The gui was it's normal green color. I launched FFXI once and now every time I launch windower the gui is so bright a yellow I can't read any of the options. I uninstalled and reinstalled and no luck. Deleted the whole windower folder, no luck. Is there anything I can do about this? Windows 8.1 with no real possibility of going back to 7 right now btw.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:46 AM

Can you make a screenshot? It might be a bug in WPF, we had several complaints about something similar before (including a very bright and a completely blank color), with a possible workaround (see here).

#3 cowtip

cowtip

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Here we go: http://imgur.com/R6ilc6r

This is also a pretty new computer so I haven't done much to it yet. Thanks for any help! It's driving me sort of crazy haha

#4 cowtip

cowtip

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

So this is weird. After reading that page you linked me to, I tried messing with my wallpapers and while I wasn't able to fix the problem, switching from my current background (which is what you can see in the picture I linked to) to a solid color background changed the windower box to a complete white as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/P3G4XKx.png

The color doesn't seem to matter btw. I changed it to a number of different colors and only got the solid white box.

Edit: Clicking through different windows backgrounds that come included with windows 8 is changing the color every time I switch backgrounds. Somehow the windower GUI seems to be linked with different background swaps. One more example for you with windower a sort of lime green: http://i.imgur.com/WJV8slV.png Also, I don't have to close windower for the color changes to take effect. As I change the wallpaper, the gui is changing along with it while open.

#5 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

That's expected with the bug you're experiencing. There are only two solutions, switch to the Windows Basic theme, or disable hardware rendering for WPF as described here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users