Windower 4.0 confuses me.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mkilbride

Mkilbride

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

So I used Windower 3.0 and it was all very easy, drag and drop, use the config file to set what you want...

Windower 4.0 starts up like a Windows 8 App or an MacOS App and looks fancy and nice.  All spfify compared to the old Windower. I see all the plugins and addons and think "Wow, this will be so easy!"

To click them and have them download and only have an on / off switch, no "Options" switch and no "Readme" Switch, so I can't configure them. Going to the Windower  folder and looking around for a .ini to edit  - I don't find any.

The new Windower looks really nice and there's a lot of talk about what it can do, but ease of use seems to have gone down the toilet.  There should be a "Options" on each Plugin to configure it. For example I downloaded DrawDistance - but there's nothing to set it like before, Windower 3.0 I could make my draw distance automatically start to what I wanted on start up with a simple ini file, with this, I have no idea where to start, or where to edit the other plugins.

*Update #1

Made some progress, finding stuff in the folder, but it needs to be way more intuitive.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

It works exactly the same as in Windower 3.x. You still have an init.txt in your Windower/scripts folder where you can enter commands to be executed on FFXI startup. If it's missing you can create a blank file. We didn't remove any plugin functionality going to 4.x, we simply added the menu to make downloading and updating easier. The rest is the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users