3 replies to this topic

#1 Rvasq72

Rvasq72

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts
    • LocationNew York City

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your responses.

My issue is the following, I just built a new Windows 7 PC and downloaded/reinstalled Windower 4,
    to run my 2 accounts like I did before in my other pc.

I set myself as administrator to run it , set the Windower 4 settings it as the previous one I was running on my old pc from screenshots I took and so far I have noticed 2 issues that are preventing me from enjoying the game .

The 1st one is that before, once I opened Windower and clicked the 1st profile for and started to login my 1st account, once I was done logging in my 1st character, Windower will stay open where I just needed to click on the other profile for my 2nd account, now I need to double click on the Windower icon a 2nd time , and most of the times that I tried that way it crashed the 1st instance.

For the 2nd issue, when I was able to log in both accounts on the method described above, I noticed once I was in game that the cursor will get stuck on my signet icon (constantly scrolls through my screen super fast similar to what happens when you get to character selection screen)like if it was moving very fast and staying there, on both accounts, I tried relogging out of the game but when I came back the issue still persists, I typed in “/con mouse_blockinput”, that didn’t work, tried keeping only one account and still the same.

Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks

My current PC built in case it might help is as follow:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS FORMULA VI Z87 ATX MOBO

INTEL QUAD-CORE I7-4770K

EVGA GTX GEFORCE 770 4GB ACX CLASSIFIED

SANSUMG EVO 250G SSD

WIN7 PRO 64 BIT

CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 16GB DDR3 1600

CORSAIR PSU RM850W 80 PLUS GOLD

LG BD BURNER 14X

CORSAIR HYDRO H100I

THERMALTAKE URBAN S71 ATX CASE

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 488 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Moved to the Support Forum.

The 1st one is that before, once I opened Windower and clicked the 1st profile for and started to login my 1st account, once I was done logging in my 1st character, Windower will stay open where I just needed to click on the other profile for my 2nd account, now I need to double click on the Windower icon a 2nd time , and most of the times that I tried that way it crashed the 1st instance.

You need to disable SecureDesktop for the UAC prompt. The easiest way to do this is to click on Start, Search for "UAC", click "Change User Account Control settings", accept the UAC prompt, then drag the slider down so that it's 1 notch from the bottom.

I'm not sure what could be causing the second issue. If it still persists after making the change above leave a reply.

#3 Rvasq72

Rvasq72

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts
      • LocationNew York City

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hello and thanks for the reply, did as you indicated and still have the same, just noticed that when on the UAC
      screen I only get the choice to drag the slider to the bottom, and a prompt after that telling me to restart PC for
      Changes to take effect, as for the 2nd issue I got it resolved by testing the game pad utility from ffxiconfig and
      trying different button combinations

#4 Rvasq72

Rvasq72

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts
      • LocationNew York City

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Posting again, everything seems to be working normal again, spoke to a friend
      Who told me his copy of windower behaves the same where he has to open up
      Windower 2x for his characters.

I forgot to mention that my previous PC was really a 2012 IMac 27" running Boot
      camp on it, that might have been the reason behind it.

Thanks so much again for taking the time to help me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users