No replies to this topic

#1 stokeydan

stokeydan

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hello,

I have recently had a new computer with windows 8 (used to have a laptop with windows 8), i have downloaded and istalled FFXI thorugh Steam client, updated pol etc and ran ffxi for the first time loaded fine and was palying for a short time. Next i logged out of ffxi and insattelled windower 4. Ran windower as admiistartor i logged into POL, but when i get to the point where the screen resizes and charachter select screen comes up and get i the message "Pol viewer  has stopped working", I decided to restart computer and try again, when restaruing computer i also instaled and updated 33 microsoft updates. Not sure what gone wrong now but i try to load ffxi through steam and get a meassage saying "FFXi failed to load Direct 3dx", after some research i updated pol and ffxi config file to play in windowed mode and this now loads up with no errors. Now i try windower again and still have the same issue as stated previously. Also i forgot to mention when setting pol config to windowed mode then using windower to open ffxi this resets all the config file to default, Not sure if thats causing this problem, but i shoundnt think that matters becuase as far as i am aware if i set windower as windowed mode it should just load the setting with windower  and have a windowed mode active.

I was alos wonder if there a way to undo all the updates, maybe this would fix the issue.

I have tried windower with no plugin and no addons still get the same issue.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue ive not had to post anytinh in a forum before so its kinda new to me, but im happy to provide any info i can but will hvae to be told how to get the info as i am not very good at computers.

I would appreciate any replies to this Quiery

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users