noobn00bstartstartingcommand file

7 replies to this topic

#1 winterlight

winterlight

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I've been looking for a noob guide on how to put WINDOWER COMMANDS into a startup file?

I can see the command page here:  http://wiki.windower...ndower:commands and they all look super useful.

However what I really need to is to have a number of these commands executed upon windower startup (like showfps, drawdistance, etc.)

I have no idea which windower file i need to change, is it settings.xml? 

Can someone post a well-developed example that I can use as a template?

Also, any examples of where to put xml for Spellcast would be great.

Sorry for the noob question.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Spellcast files go in Windower/plugins/spellcast, while initializing scripts go to Windower/script/init.txt. This file should already exist, if you open it you should see a lot of stuff in there. Just add whatever command you want to the end of it on a new line (like showfps).

#3 winterlight

winterlight

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

init.txt seems to be missing.

Actually during start-up there is an error message saying that init.txt is missing.

How do I get Windower to generate this?

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

You need to use the proper installer to automatically generate it. But you can just create a blank file called init.txt in that folder, that will work just the same.

#5 winterlight

winterlight

• Members
        • Pip
        • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

any chance you can share an example of an init.txt.  I've found a few online but they all seem to come from versions before 4.1

Thx.

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

An empty file, for example. There doesn't have to be anything in there. There is no "example", you can just write whatever you want in there, as if they were regular Windower commands. Everyone would have different stuff in there. I have this line in there, for example:

exec init/aliases

It executes another file in the sub-folder init, called aliases. And that file looks like this.

#7 ChalkOutline

ChalkOutline

• Members
          • Pip
          • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

Arcon, I was looking over your aliases file you referenced.  I'm unfamiliar with using aliases in this way (I've been inserting my own aliases into the resources xml's).  Question: under your Jobs section, does Windower automatically refer to the relevant aliases when you change to that job, and ignore others that are set for other jobs?  e.g. you have "min" set for Minuet V; would you be able to also set "min" for SCH's Animus Minuo without any interference between the 2 aliases when you "//min" (assuming you're not SCH/BRD or vice versa)?

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

No, that wouldn't work. The job sections are just comments, they are entirely ignored by the parser. To do that you would have to use something like AutoExec, which can change (and clear) aliases based on events. An example AutoExec XML line would look like this:

<register silent="true" event="jobchange_brd">alias min minuet5</register>
                <register silent="true" event="jobchange_sch">alias min animusminuo</register>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users