5 replies to this topic

#1 srsbsns42

srsbsns42

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yo,

So I tried to start windower on my desktop today and it was blocked by Norton and deleted despite being set up as a trusted program.  I am also running windower on my laptop and it is NOT being blocked, but here is what I am finding--

When I do a fresh install on to my desktop it is using Hook.dll version ending .35.  On my laptop it is using .26.  I tried putting the hook file from my laptop on to my desktop, but it immediately updates to .35.  So my question is two-fold: Why is my laptop not auto updating, and why would one instance be blocked and not the other?

#2 srsbsns42

srsbsns42

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Oh, I should mention I am using 4.0.  I checked my girlfriend's PC and she has hook version ending .31???

I'm confused...

#3 Tronian

Tronian

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

Ya, it just happened to me. it says it detected a SuspBehlgen3.

what is that? >.>

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm not sure why Norton is flagging 4.0.0.35 as a virus and not 4.0.0.26. Between those two versions we made a few minor changes to the plugin API, fixed some bugs with IPC (used for Send, among others), fixed bugs related to auto-translate and Japanese input, and added some logging. I would have expected it to flag the function hooks, which haven't changed much (if any) in years.

As for why you're not receiving auto-updates, I can only guess, but I suspect your firewall is blocking the connection.

#5 burton1401

burton1401

• Members
            • Pip
            • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

can any one make a suggestion I a having the same problem and dunno how to fix it

#6 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
              • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

First off, anyone tried turning off their av and firewall? JUST to see if it updates and works? Also dont forget.. (Its very easy to) check to make sure Windows Defender isnt also running on top of everything. Very easy to overlook that.

sig.jpg
                Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
                ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users