How to get Windowed Mode without glitches? [Resolved]

2 replies to this topic

#1 Xaelai_Sylph

Xaelai_Sylph

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:30 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to set up Windower so that I can start the game in Window Mode (not Borderless or Fullscreen) so that the Taskbar is visible.

However, when I try to do this, the text and the UI glitches up something terrible, the font is almost unreadable, because it is all squished up on some lines, and other lines not.

I'm currently running my desktop at 1360x768 resolution, and once the game starts, I click the maximize button (otherwise a good chunk of the window goes off-screen) and boom. UI font distortion, bigtime.

Is there a way to get this thing to run in a windowed mode and NOT get horribly distorted font?

All I want is to be able to see the taskbar while I'm playing, because I oftentimes have messaging apps open. I want to be able to see the taskbar button flashing while I'm playing FFXI.

#2 Xaelai_Sylph

Xaelai_Sylph

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

I think I might have found the answer. Apparently I need to force the UI overlay resolution to the exact number of pixels between the top bar and the taskbar to get the font to display properly. Will try that and update.

#3 Xaelai_Sylph

Xaelai_Sylph

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

UPDATE:

YES! It works!!

For anybody using a ____x768 resolution, you want 716 712 as the second number. What I did was hit the printscreen key, opened up Paint, pasted, and zoomed in and displayed the grid and counted the pixels.

The top bar is 22 24 pixels, and the taskbar is 30 32 pixels for a total of 52 56 pixels. 768-52 = 716 768-56 = 712.

Then I changed the settings in Windower to make the 2nd number 716 712 and voila!

Perfect non-distorted font. I'm glad I found that ONE guy asking on some forum I never heard of who got the same answer, and now if anybody else has this problem, this might help them too!

EDIT: Or not... I'm seeing two weird lines that are off by a single pixel. I think I know what's wrong though.

EDIT2: Yup, I WAS supposed to count the dark border pixels when counting the number of pixels I was supposed to subtract.

It's actually 712 for someone using a 768 resolution.

It's absolutely perfect now, tested with a full chat log expanded, not a single pixel off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users