2 replies to this topic

#1 Tarrtarus03

Tarrtarus03

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

Hello, and thank you in advance.

I have checked every thread I could find online involving Windower 4 @ 4k resolution, and none seem to have fixed my issue. I was gifted a 4k screen running at 3840x2160 resolution, but if I set Windower 4 to this size, my font is smaller than the font in a book in real life. If I set the UI Scale to 2x, the UI scaling becomes perfect, but then my mouse breaks and appears to be offset in some direction, so that I can no longer click on any menu items or characters on screen.

I have tried disabling the Hardware Mouse, which fixes the issue until I alt-tab, then when I re-enter the game, my mouse cursor will not move further than 1 inch from the left side of the screen. I know it was mentioned in another thread that this issue was fixed in Windower 5, but there was no ETA on the release of this version. However, this was mentioned back in late 2015.

Also, if I set the game to run at 1920x1080 in Borderless Windowed, the game only takes up the top 1/4 of my screen, once again rendering it unplayable.

Please help :(

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

This is actually a bug on SE's end, and happens with or without Windower. They don't correctly scale mouse coordinates to match the UI scale unless the software mouse is used. This is not fixed in Windower 5. I've spent some time trying to work around this bug, but it turned out to be harder than I expected and I've abandoned it for the time being.

What's fixed in Windower 5 is related to the DPI virtualization feature added in Windows Vista.

#3 Tarrtarus03

Tarrtarus03

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

All right, thank you for your response.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users