Resolution issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zan

Zan

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys i am having a issue regarding windower opening playonline viewer. I recently decided to try and fix my issue with windower 4 and windows 10 by reinstalling windows 10. However now when i open windower and click a profile to play windower tries to open Playonline but then disappears and nothing happens however when i go to change the resolution of windower 4 when editing a profile the two boxes are blank and wont let me input a resolution it just displays 0 in each box once i try to enter anything.

I assume that windower cant load the game because its trying to open without a resolution however each time i try to use windower it resets the resolution in the ffxiconfig file back to default resolution.

I have reinstalled windower multiple times and reinstalled PlayOnline viewer to no avail anyone have a fix save me fresh reinstall ffxi?

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

When you reinstalled Windows 10, did you happen to install build 15063? You can check this by searching for and running winver from the start menu. Windower 4 is known not to work on Windows 10 build 15063, we're working on fixing this.

#3 Rafleshia

Rafleshia

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

I'm having this problem also, with the UI resetting back to 0 x 0 every time. I did manage to log on once with 1280 x 800 settings but I stupidly went into edit it and now it's stuck at 0. I've had this problem since my windows update this morning... I'm running the new development build too.

#4 Rafleshia

Rafleshia

• Members
          • Pip
          • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

So I just had a brainwave! I manually edited the setting file and input the <height> / <width>, as long as I don't try toggling it in the GUI its fine. So if anyone else has this trouble just edit your settings manually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users