Emulated keyboard input issue.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

This is quite possibly not directly windower related, but I'm pretty stumped about it, and google hasn't managed to enlighten me.

Basically, I use a controller, and various programs(Joytokey, autohotkey, DS4Windows) over the years to send keyboard input to FFXI via controller. Once the game gets the input I have those keys bound to various useful gearswap commands and such.

I finally changed OS to windows 10, and now nothing I try(except my physical keyboard) can send keyboard input to FFXI. The programs still work. If I pull a notepad into focus I can type stuff in it through a controller. But nothing ever makes it to FFXI, and I can't figure out why.

Anyone have any insight on this? If there are any additional details I could provide that would be useful, just let me know what.

Alternatively, if there's some way to bind windower commands directly to a controller now I could just skip the keyboard entirely. But last I checked, that wasn't possible, and windower devs had no plans of working on it.

Ryu.png

#2 Martel

Martel

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Finally figured this one out. In case anyone was curious, I had to run DS4Windows as an admin. Despite that fact that my user account IS a damn admin. Have to specifically tell it to run as admin anyway. -.-;

Ryu.png

#3 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 324 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

thats because when vista came out thay added UAC so even admins need to run apps that require full admin rites still needs to run as admin to bypass the blocks

there is a setting that allows you to bypass this but its only accessible in pro or by turning off UAC and only for full admin accounts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users