Windows 10 Insider Preview issues w/ Windower

1 reply to this topic

#1 Xaris

Xaris

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

now i can revrt back to a release version of Win 10 (and no, its a seperate Rig im testing w/ and not related to my earlier post about Boxsmasher err.. "Boxdestroyer" plugin breaking w/ todays update.) but it does give something to worry about.  im getting the vibe Windows 10 IP(it had the Redstone2 internal name so this will be for the next Release "Feature upgrade") has some Memory potection on Running Processes. Everytime i try to launch Windower -> POL pol.exe opens and is seen in Task Manager for a split second then closes. Looking in the Event viewer POL is crashing pointing to hook.dll

POL itself runs fine if not launched by Windower.  and nothing in any log left by Windower itself is indicating whats being passed incorrectly or that windower is even documenting the crash.

Not that im ultimatly Asking for support as the insider preview builds are not really ment for Everyday "Production" machines but yea

(i have seen for a bit in the Feedback hub about something indeed that when this IP build cycle because the Feature upgrade to supersede "Anniversry Update" (Redstone One) that it'll include some form of the formentioned Process protection (i guess as a means to slow down rootkits/Hijacks/Malware.)

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:24 PM

If Redstone 2 breaks our dll injection and/or function hooks, there's probably very little we'll be able to do about it for Windower 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users