Photo

Windower crashing on startup

Best Answer Roneeh , 02 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

I figured it out. :-) Apparantly I had FFXI "installed" twice on my computer. The folder of the second FFXI was deleted, but windows still thought it was installed so... It messed it up, lol. It worked after I "uninstalled" the "deleted" FFXI

I'm really sorry about this. :-)

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

#1 Roneeh

Roneeh

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

It says that  the folder name is invalid? I don't get why though. I tried reinstalling like 6 times already, and it had no effect. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
      [ 4.2.5564.39855 ] 2016-10-02 18:51:46.7304303 UTC
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Mappenavnet er ugyldigt
         ved #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=q$pww7u7a8E5KBZ87oKIoig==(String #=qoOfmmNOMqhuJULvaMcWu2w==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=quTc0RVW0C2_5GERaxMw4LQ==, Boolean #=qhFOX1aUHv3mgiXMa34qGNQ==, TimeSpan #=qFEzHGxyOne7p37rEWbV8$w==)
         ved #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=qsKKl1l0g1HURDWit8B79Fw==(String #=qqKTShJx7xnazuWOpJ6ZDeg==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=qiV1cyIFi8uzxd23Z9RTz8A==, Boolean #=qvxtyf2yqPR87sOWe96PA4A==)
         ved #=qvticlh8sdG9urHCodAc05R$Pt$DrlamfeVITJje_ohY=.#=qxA0hzrjWSVf3wZHstSp6qA==()
         ved #=q4ao$U6CJ_ca3wGsQbteYRInNOUKn7px0EZirpC9v2dQ=.#=qRSqZ29WH0ZYrlsLq$sgMxA==(#=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog== #=qhFHi0z6eBl3jv5Ev3xCTig==)
         ved #=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog==.#=q1GDlKxdSu3j9WeEYkyufMQ==()
         ved System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
         ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
         ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
         ved System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
         ved System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 07:35 PM

It appears that the operating system is complaining about the directory that you have PlayOnline Viewer installed in, and raising error 267 (ERROR_DIRECTORY). Why it's complaining, I'm not completely sure. When I google this particular error code for the function in question, the most common causes seem to be permissions issues. Can you run PlayOnline Viewer without Windower?

Edit: I did some more research. Another possible cause is that the location where PlayOnline Viewer installed has a total path length in excess of 260 characters. Where do you have PlayOnline Viewer installed?

• Roneeh likes this

#3 Roneeh

Roneeh

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:48 PM   Best Answer

I figured it out. :-) Apparantly I had FFXI "installed" twice on my computer. The folder of the second FFXI was deleted, but windows still thought it was installed so... It messed it up, lol. It worked after I "uninstalled" the "deleted" FFXI

I'm really sorry about this. :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users