[Windows 10] Windower 4 refuses to run

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cervani

Cervani

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:55 AM

Downloaded Windower setup and ran it, with it installing to my desktop.  Ran the windower.exe, it popped up immediately with a white screen.  Alright, that's fine... I saw the fix on the forums.  I added the regedit fix and tried it again.  It no longer loads to a white screen, however it loads up to the green screen and immediately crashes again.  I tried reinstalling it, no go.  It auto runs as admin, but just to be safe I add run as admin in the compatibility options... still no go.

It doesn't even begin to load up any options or anything, just an immediate double click, wait 2 seconds, then crash.  I get no dump or anything to report.  All that pops up is a "Windower has stopped working" and that's it.  I haven't found anything on the forums regarding this.  Any help?

Edit: I opened the Log file in the windower folder and there WAS something there.

System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Char[] data, Int32 length, Int32 invCharPos)
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
         at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
         at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
         at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
         at #=qgTv71NpK9S5FYDthGeMmexSJXDdVF8VTSnSZe5YqfinG9aLAN71n66oA5nC4J6p5.#=q9hPyUWnAfbgTxvae8HX$7Q==()
         at #=qwrZ0sKWfVuSrbsrEe$sq2ikYRakTupw24tqRYOrFtO4=.#=qnQCMKMqRLmsGND5_yA3M5Q==()
         at #=qAlk$Mw_tywKjs9rd7cyoVByKGVe3vaaXeS_LGtl1hBE=.#=qfyJ2oWactrEI0jMMW5DrEA==(#=qmhNvAyztrFon0QQMItVoEw== #=q$_uA1omHXJgXxHzgfPGREA==)
         at #=qmhNvAyztrFon0QQMItVoEw==.#=qav9FVComJWu2k_c7i_yB0A==()
         at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
         at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

Your settings.xml file is corrupted, and Windower doesn't know what to do about it, so crashes. Try deleting it and trying again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users