Re Enable European Language Support

2 replies to this topic

#1 buddysievers

buddysievers

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:31 AM

Hi and hello, i know this is not the darkstar project and maybe im not right here but they couldnt help me so i will ask here too.

anyone knows SE removed the german and french language support because of beeing greedy as hell.

the actually text files must be still there in the dat files so there should be a way to swap them maybe or idk.

i have tried mXi and ffxi-boot which both still boot up ffxi even they arent supportet anymore from the darkstar devs.

both of them have the option to choose the language and the country code but no matter what number i use the client

starts allways in english.

so my question is, is there anyone out there who maybe have an idea how to boot up ffxi forced in german or french or know a way to swap the data somehow?

i know that my chances are nearly zero but i just cant believe its not possible to do that anymore.

sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss but i have no other ideas left i guess.

thx in advance anyways! :)

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:24 AM

Not possible, all of the old dialog tables and translated items are still there, but none of the new content has been translated. Trying to some how force the game to load in French or German mode (if the code to do so is even still included) is going to result in a crash the moment it tries to load any new content. At best you could maybe replace the English or Japanese dialog tables and and items with the French or German versions, the ones that exist any way, but it's only going to give you a partially translated game, and there are quite a few problems that will still exist. In any case such a tool doesn't exist right now and I doubt anyone will be willing to make one.

P.S.: I highly doubt "greed" has anything to do with their decision. The number of players has fallen drastically, which means dramatically decreased revenue to pay localizers. I suspect that the number of people playing on the French and German clients simply didn't justify the cost of paying two extra localization teams. They likely decided that it would be better to put that money toward paying artists and scripters to create more content for all of their players instead of translating for a dwindling subset of their player base. Whether or not that decision was correct I cannot say.

#3 buddysievers

buddysievers

• Members
        • Pip
        • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hmm i thought so, and since there is no tool to change dialouge and strings in the dat files i guess its really impossible.

For new content it doesnt really matter for me cus i just want FFXI, RotZ, CoP and ToAU and all of them were fully translated.

But thx for your answer and maybe someday there will be a way again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users