Sound stuttering with windower active

1 reply to this topic

#1 lufia22

lufia22

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:55 AM

[Solved]: It seems it may have been a driver issue. I downloaded the third party Unified drivers for my sound card and I have not been experiencing any sound stuttering. I still believe this to be some issue with Windower because I never had any problem with any other games and it only happened when I was running Windower. Launching the game without it the sound was fine.

I just returned to the game. I noticed I was getting some odd sound stuttering every now and then. Tried turning all the plugins and addons off to no avail. Ran the game without windower and I cannot detect any stuttering in the sound.

I have a Xonar Essence STX sound card with its official drivers from ASUS. I have tried my Sony wireless headset and instead of stutter, the sound fades out and back in at short intervals instead of stuttering.

I'm on Windows 10.

What's weird is when I try to record the stuttering with shadowplay, I don't really hear it. Instead I hear a light "pop" every now and then, but no stutter. 

Things I've done:

- Unplugged all USB devices except my mouse and keyboard.

- Disabled all HID devices in device manager except my mouse (Razer Naga).

- Disabled all addons and plugins

- Set the FPS cap to 30

- Switched from my sound card headphones to a bluetooth USB headset

- Disabling my anti-virus protection

- Reinstalled windower

Restarting my PC has seemingly fixed this issue...though I have had it occur more than once before. Unsure what may be the cause.

Stuttering came back after a while.

#2 lufia22

lufia22

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

I seem to get occasional sound stuttering and even my controller "double clicking" after I run the game a second time. The first time I run the game, it's generally fine, but if I run the game any time after that, it starts having issues and I have to restart my computer to get rid of them.

Any idea what would cause this or how to fix it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users