Photo

Windower crashing on startup

Best Answer Wolfie , 22 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

I figured it out, actually. It was a program called RadeonPro, which I used to alter settings for a different game. It has a FPS counter built in, and RadeonPro hooking onto Windower made it freak out and die. So PSA: don't run RadeonPro with Windower!

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfie

Wolfie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

I am trying to start the game with Windower, and every time I start Windower it crashes. It doesn't even get to the plugin select/profile/whatever, it just dies. I followed a previous thread's instructions on how to fix it, and that worked the first time, but after restarting my computer recently, it has stopped functioning again. After installing as admin and running as admin, it worked. Do I have to reinstall Windower every time I restart my computer or something??? Please help. ;_;

#2 Wolfie

Wolfie

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:29 PM

So, update...

I tried repeating the steps over again, uninstalling Windower and reinstalling with admin, updating my .NET framework (in this case, repairing it, which did nothing) and Windower still refuses to start. I tried changing install directories to just C:\Windower4 instead of in the program files, that didn't work either. It still crashes immediately on startup, saying Windower Launcher has stopped working and blablabla. I'm on Windows 7, 64 bit, installing and running under admin privileges and it's still not functioning. It used to work before, when I played about half a year ago. Is there some kind of crash dump or any other additional information that I can provide to help solve this? Please let me know. :<

#3 Wolfie

Wolfie

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 06:03 AM   Best Answer

I figured it out, actually. It was a program called RadeonPro, which I used to alter settings for a different game. It has a FPS counter built in, and RadeonPro hooking onto Windower made it freak out and die. So PSA: don't run RadeonPro with Windower!

#4 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 324 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

thats good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users