9 replies to this topic

#1 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

Hey peeps  :)

At some point, I found no worthy heir to ApRadar, and therefore went on a quest to create my own.

It's taken about 5 months so I hope you like it!

If you're interested, the application along with instructional videos and screenshots can be found here:

http://www.greenshoe.../ffxicaddie.php

Hope you like it!

Regards,

greenshoe

#2 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
      • Pip
      • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

New version available:
        • Added setting: Bring to front on active provider
        • Added setting: Display ffxicaddie version number
        • Added setting: Set manipulation tool after metadata shape has been created
        • Filters dialog: Added the possibility to store/reuse filters
        • Change reference card keyboard shortcut to Ctrl+D (Was Ctrl+C which resulted in copy/paste issues)

#3 iBot27

iBot27

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:10 PM

Hello Greenshoe,

I really like this app. The thing I like the most is being able to snap to the full-screen of my second monitor, really amazing feature to make the map as big as it can be for better viewing. I have a question though, I'm assuming your pulling the maps from the actual .dat files from within FFXI, is it possible to add user map packs, like the ones that ApRadar3 uses? I'd like to use the more detailed maps from ApRadar3 but with the ability your program offers of Fitting the map to the entirety of my Monitor. 

I get that your program has the map editor but i'd rather just use a set of maps that have already been made than edit one myself. Awesome app though keep the updates coming.

#4 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
          • Pip
          • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:08 AM

Hello Greenshoe,

I really like this app. The thing I like the most is being able to snap to the full-screen of my second monitor, really amazing feature to make the map as big as it can be for better viewing. I have a question though, I'm assuming your pulling the maps from the actual .dat files from within FFXI, is it possible to add user map packs, like the ones that ApRadar3 uses? I'd like to use the more detailed maps from ApRadar3 but with the ability your program offers of Fitting the map to the entirety of my Monitor. 

I get that your program has the map editor but i'd rather just use a set of maps that have already been made than edit one myself. Awesome app though keep the updates coming.

Howdy :) Glad you liked the caddie!

About the custom map packs: I'll have to give it some thought. I tried to design the caddie to avoid using map packs in the first place ^^

Nevertheless, I've jotted it down as a feature request on the home page, so hopefully I'll get some bright ideas on how to incorporate it!

I'm also running in the dark atm since for some reason I'm unable to run ffxi after installing Dishonored through steam... Getting that dreadful "Failed to initialize Direct 3D" error.

Regards,

greenshoe

#5 MacHorz

MacHorz

• Members
            • Pip
            • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

Hey greenshoe,

first of all big thanks for that map app.

But I did download it and 2 things do not work for me:

I cant move the map, its right over my POL screen and I cant zoom in/out

I use WIndower, running 2 chars, have provider placed in windower add on , my system is Windows 10

Edit: I could figure it out; ctrl+LM and shift+LM are the key binds :)

#6 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
              • Pip
              • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hey MacHorz :)

Glad you found out! You may also hold the control key while using mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Other nice-to-know keyword shortcuts/mouse gestures is found in the reference card (right-click the caddie and choose "Reference card").

Regards,

greenshoe

#7 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
                • Pip
                • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:29 PM

New version available:
                  • Added setting: Remember map location
                  • Added setting: Remember map size
                  • Fixed the bug where ffxicaddie sometimes would disconnect from the provider

#8 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 102 posts
                  • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:57 PM

If you're interested, the application along with instructional videos and screenshots can be found here:

Hope you like it!

Regards,

greenshoe

I'd love to try it out, but haven't had success in the last 12 hours with the site.  It says loading but then times out using Firefox and Opera.  Obviously, my connection is working (as I'm writing this reply).  Is the site just having short term issues or is there a long term problem?

Thanks!  I look forward to trying it out!!!

#9 greenshoe

greenshoe

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

I'd love to try it out, but haven't had success in the last 12 hours with the site.  It says loading but then times out using Firefox and Opera.  Obviously, my connection is working (as I'm writing this reply).  Is the site just having short term issues or is there a long term problem?

Thanks!  I look forward to trying it out!!!

Bah, yeah, I've been having some problems with the server today. It's seems ok now though. Can you confirm? If not I'll be looking into a more stable solution.

#10 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 102 posts
                    • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

Bah, yeah, I've been having some problems with the server today. It's seems ok now though. Can you confirm? If not I'll be looking into a more stable solution.

YES!  It's working and thank you so very much for writing the app!

I got it working . . . A few thoughts:

1. I placed it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\FFXICaddie  directory and discovered the application would act like it started but would silently terminate.  It left me waiting for it to appear, but it never did.  I fixed this by giving it admin privileges, which yeah, I'm not thrilled about but Windower4 already has it, too, so . . .   Not sure what to suggest, but some thought on it during the installation or well, whatever.  Thought (10/10/2016):  How about using an environment variable for files you create during installation and/or executions?  Some examples are:  APPDATA and LOCALAPPDAT.  At least on my system, I think any application can write to these directories with basic privildges.    I just prefer putting programs in the Program File or Program File (x86) directories.
                    2. As for the provider, it would be nice if the installation video would include a discussion on automatically starting it until it becomes part of the Windower distribution.  My thought is to put it in the INIT.TXT file, but I'm not sure if this is the best solution.
                    3. Finally, how about some written directions.  While your English is very good, I felt the video was slow at some points (and I did skip ahead).  Having some BULLET or NUMBERED instructions would be great for those of us who simply want to get on with it.

Thank you for a great app and replying to us!

IBHalliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith).

P.S. (Added 10/10/2016):  It would be great to see information about NPC and / or monsters, such as distance, HP, HP%, MP, MP%, TP, etc. Also names of players, trusts, etc.  Yes, I know it is only version 1.0.3 ... Just saying these would be great items to add.    Again thanks for a great app!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users