Need Help Moving Addons

3 replies to this topic

#1 equestriaguy

equestriaguy

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

Hello, I'm having trouble dragging the addons on my screen. I made a nifty, lttle, youtube video to show you the trouble I'm having. One thing i forgot to mention is I'm playing on a 1.7x UI scale.

https://www.youtube....h?v=X3Q7X2hRoDU

#2 trv

trv

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

The problem is caused by the UI scaling, and is not necessarily a problem with Windower: https://msdn.microso...5(v=vs.85).aspx

The strange behavior with barfiller is an issue that you could report on github. The author made the two graphic objects draggable, but forgot to include logic to link them together.

You can avoid issues with dragging by setting the positions of the addons in the settings files. You might also be able to turn off the hardware mouse, but the in-game mouse is hideous, and you will very quickly find that it is a terrible idea if you play in windowed mode.

I'm not sure why plugins don't experience the issue.

• equestriaguy likes this

#3 trv

trv

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

On a side note, the UI scale values could be determined via windower.get_windower_info, so I guess you could fix the issue for most addons if you wanted to. You'd need to calculate the scale and then adjust the texts library to use the logical values instead of the physical coordinates. At the very least, the library's hover method and mouse event would need to be changed.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Does the problem go away if you set your UI scale to 1?

It seems like we're not correctly scaling mouse coordinates before sending them to Addons. FFXIDB isn't affected by this because it's drawing with raw Direct 3D 8.1 API calls, and not going through the Windower Primitive/Text object APIs, which handle scaling automatically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users