Plugin/Addon Settings

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kiseph

Kiseph

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:19 AM

Hello Windower peeps! Old player coming back (I know, many of those lately :P). So I seem to have forgotten a lot of things, which I've quickly picked back up. But I'm still having trouble with a few things.

How do I save any changes I make in game to plugins/addons? For example, my status timers I set the y position lower so it doesn't overlap the icons, but I have to do this every time I log in, and I just can't figure out how to save that change.

Also, there's a few addons that I'm not entirely sure how to change the position for. Examples are BarFiller and EnemyBar.

And some addons have a BG that I'm not sure how to disable either. I don't recall Distance or Tickle ever having a bg, I actually preferred it that way xD That's just me though.

I did try to find documentation on all of the plugins/addons I had enabled to try my best not to ask for help here, but it's still leaving me baffled D:

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced, and I'm so happy to be back :D

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

Not all plugins/addons save their configuration, but most do. Most plugins save their settings to Windower\plugins\settings\PluginName.xml. Most addons save their settings to an xml file in Windower\addons\AddonName\data\. For the few plugins that don't save their settings, you'll need to manually configure them, either by editing a file yourself, or adding commands to Windower\scripts\init.txt.

#3 Kiseph

Kiseph

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

I forgot to thank you for the reply. I think I got most of it figured out after your read, while some addon's aren't really using the settings I'm changing, I figure that's a separate problem. Most of the stuff that needed saving already auto-saves, I just had to remove the depreciated plugins that were replaced as addons. Some are still bugging me, but I'll just deal with it as I don't want to be too much trouble on here :3

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts
          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

It's no bother, that's why these forums exist :) If you have any issues just ask.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users