As with all third-party applications, be sure to run as admin after installing, and make sure keyboard_allowmmf is set to 1
Important note: If your first lookup with Pricer or PlayerInfo is very slow, you need to turn off IE autmatic proxy detection. Instructions are:
XI-Util is a plugin-based framework for FFXI. The idea behind this is essentially:
- You shouldn't need to run multiple programs for every minor thing.
- Automatic updates, there should be no need to continually check a forum thread for changes.
- Should handle multiple FFXI instances properly. There should be no need to close/reopen a program if you log a new character in, or log one out.
- Improved logging across the board, for easier debugging.
- No need to alt-tab from ffxi; everything is capable of being driven from the FFXI console.
- Ease of development, process management is handled by the application, plugins only need to concentrate on doing work
When you first launch XI-Util, the window will look more or less empty, like this:
This is because XI-Util is plugin driven, and none are loaded by default. Click the edit menu, and choose plugins, and a window containing all of the available plugins will pop up
Click a plugin to enable or disable it. Once you are finished, close the plugin window.
You'll notice that the interface has changed. XI-Util uses a tabbed layout for plugins. Not every plugin requires a display element, but those that do will show up in a tab on the main XI-Util window, like so:
You can also configure settings for your plugins. Under the Edit menu is an option for Settings, clicking this will allow you to configure settings for each plugin. Similar to the main XI-Util window, each plugin has its own tab, and not every plugin has configurable settings.
This post has been edited by aureus: 21 July 2011 - 11:27 PM