Photo

How to get StatusTimer to display like how Recast used to.

Best Answer dartcron , 04 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

i figured it out myself actually open timers.xml with a notepad document editor and change:

<graphicalMode>false</graphicalMode>
        <slimMode>true</slimMode>

both of these lines :P

Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic

#1 dartcron

dartcron

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

I stopped playing FFXI for about a year and i cant remember the command to make "Timers," to display like recast used to (in a plain text based format without pictures).

without the unnessessary pictures, I like my recast of my abilities and spells to be just displayed with just with text, upon searching i cant find anything that shows how to make timers display in a plain text based (compact) format.

Can anyone help me with this please?

#2 dartcron

dartcron

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:15 AM   Best Answer

i figured it out myself actually open timers.xml with a notepad document editor and change:

<graphicalMode>false</graphicalMode>
                <slimMode>true</slimMode>

both of these lines :P

#3 Waterdust

Waterdust

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

An what does one do when no such file exists on their system, yet the plugin is working/running/not running?

#4 Krellion

Krellion

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

In Windower's plugins folder, manually create a "settings" (no quotes of course) folder. Then reload the plugin(s).

There appears to be an issue with some of them that use XML-based settings files where they don't create their file (and folder) if the folder doesn't exist.

#5 Waterdust

Waterdust

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

In Windower's plugins folder, manually create a "settings" (no quotes of course) folder. Then reload the plugin(s).

There appears to be an issue with some of them that use XML-based settings files where they don't create their file (and folder) if the folder doesn't exist.

Yeah that's not making it happen either.. no files, many load/unload/reloads/reboot/restarts

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts
              • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:17 AM

The settings folder is automatically created when launching Windower now (it was adjusted recently). So you have verified that Windower/plugins/settings/ exists, but when you load Timers, the file timers.xml is not created?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users