Addon to reload new entity information

3 replies to this topic

#1 fingleburt

fingleburt

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Since returning to the game a few weeks ago I am increasingly having trouble with my moogle not showing up in my mog house, assault NPC's not showing up at staging points and living cairns/books not appearing on floor 0 of Yorcia Skirmish. I've used my googlefu skills and and I see it's not a windower problem but a SE server problem with them not always sending a 0x016 packet to spawn the NPC's. Normally I would just run 50 yalms to reload the NPC's which I presume is the client sending the 0x016 packet to the server. In the areas I've mentioned you cannot run to 50 yalms to reload, the result is multiple relogs which takes valuable time up, especially in Skirmish!

So the question is how would I write an addon to manually inject the 0x016 packet, either by just loading the addon or by a keybind, the second question would be how safe is it to do this?

I appreciate any help I can get as this problem is driving me more than a little crazy!

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

Only way I can think of to make this work would essentially amount to pos hacking out of bounds and then back in. Maybe someone else has a better idea though.

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:37 AM

Byrth has actually just pushed out an addon that does exactly that, send a 0x016 outgoing packet to request new entity information. It's called "Remember" and you should see it in the Launcher's addon list.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

And this is why I leave the Addon development to those more qualified!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users