4 replies to this topic

#1 Talis

Talis

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hi All:

Not sure where else to ask this.  I'm trying to determine if there is any method to two box across two PCs using windower 4.

I've been using an old port of the RCM project I modified years ago to include a socket layer, and that works for the most part with windower 3.x, but with support falling off on 3.x (eg <stal> in basic macros does not seem to work any more), I'm looking for an alternative.  I am not familiar enough with the new windowerhelper API to port RCM over either (unless theres some documentation out there, I'm a C programmer with almost no C# background).

I know at some point, the IPC will support network discovery, but is there anything else in place in the interim?  Even if there is an easy way to add the LUA socket library to the lua implementation, it should be trivial to modify send to work cross network.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask.

Thanks

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

There's no way to do that with Windower right now. LuaSocket will be added in the future, although no one knows when exactly.

#3 ihatevw

ihatevw

• Members
      • Pip
      • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

any update on LuaSocket?  BMN no longer works for 3.4.1 and I really need to move over to Windower 4.0 but really want to get some sort of Dualsend or similar support for a better experience with 4.0.

Also, I thought there used to be some documentations on the Windowerhelper.dll for 4.0 but I can't seem to be able to find that at all now.  I'm looking at maybe porting Dualsend over to 4.0 if I can get more info on windowerhelper and source for dualsend.  thanks.

#4 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

I dont know if this helps or not, but one thing I did personally, was use autoexec to trigger commands via tell. Life is easy when you use only one pc, but yea, I understand the need to use 2 pcs at times.

sig.jpg
          Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
          ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#5 kaivalya

kaivalya

• Members
          • Pip
          • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

I'm just coming back from a long break and haven't finished reviving my old setup, so this might not work anymore.  I used to dual-box using synergy to share mouse/keyboard and the binder plugin with a logitech g15(later a g11).  Never really looked into why, but the commands from the g-keys would work on the non-focused machine.  After I get my 2nd rig back to gaming mode I'll test it out (will be a few days.) If you have access to a binder supported device I'd suggest giving it a try. If you're not using synergy already, I'd recommend it at the very least.

+Update+ So I tried and could not get the g keys to work over synergy again.  Several factors have changed since I last used it (2010 iirc) so I can't even guess what 'broke' it.  Sorry I couldn't offer a better/working suggestion.

Edited by kaivalya, 13 December 2013 - 10:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users