Gearswap help for returning player.

21 replies to this topic

#1 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hello, I recently started playing again after a 12 year break from the game. Boy things are different, and im loving it. Ive just downloaded windower and im using a couple addons/plugins that im enjoying. Now i guess its time to step it up and try to tackle gearswap. I know enough about it (atleast i think i do) based on the research i have been doing. Really all im asking for is an up to date BLU LUA that works well. Ive seen dozens but they seem to be pretty outdated (most dont even have the new BLU spells, entomb etc.). If anyone can post their LUA for BLU, or a generic updated LUA i can change itd be greatly appreciated.

(also if you have any suggestions for other cool plugins/addons i should try out that'd be awesome)

Im not fully geared or even close so for now my swaps wont be anything crazy but ill atleast get my foot in the door.

I also see alot of the LUA have keybinds for a couple of different sets, just wondering why would you need a keybind when Gearswap is suppose to swap whenever you que up a spell/ability.

thanks for reading

(excuse my grammar im currently speed writing this at work)

#2 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 324 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:55 PM

there are many things you can do

1. build your own file

2. use motes include (yes some of the data is old)(included with gearswap)

3. use smd111's include (mine)(not for the beginner)(open ended with lots of controle built in to a display system)(including an aggro counter)(still some things that are being worked on)(downloaded from my git hub:https://github.com/smd111/Gearswap)

cool addons:

azureSets(blu spell set tool)

organizer(gear collector on steroids)

Treasury(auto pass/lot/drop items gained from battle)

(many others depending on what your trying to do)

Gaze_check(gaze watch then look away/auto track current target)(mine unofficial)

gearswap skillup (auto skill up non battle magic)(mine)

#3 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for the quick response aswell as the suggestions for other addons, deffinetly going to look into the organizer/skillup/azure sets. 

I think that script might be a little to much for me as a beginner with GS. Was kind of looking for a BLU specific one that i can update to my gear.

I wasnt aware there was basic ones that come with GS, ill look into that when i get home. I mean all thats really not up to date is the few BLU spells they added (Entomb/SF etc.) so adding those myself probably would not be to much trouble.

#4 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:38 PM

There is actually no basic Blu LuA in Gearswap default

#5 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:56 AM

i never said that the file was included just that motes include was

here are motes base files (you just need the job file i.e. for blu you need BLU.lua)

https://github.com/K...s/GearSwap-Jobs

and here is all submitted files

http://www.bluegartr...wap-Shop-Thread

#6 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

awesome, i see i can use the GS export function to get a list of the gear im currently wearing. Can i just copy and past that into the LUA even if its format is different? 

lua example:

sets.precast.WS= {   head="Whirlpool Mask",neck=gear.ElementalGorget,ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",   body="Qaaxo Harness",hands="Assimilator's Bazubands +1",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",  

back="Atheling Mantle",waist=gear.ElementalBelt,legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Iuitl Gaiters +1"}

- export example looks like:

head="Whirlpool Mask"

neck=gear.ElementalGorget

ear1="Bladeborn Earring"

ear2="Steelflash Earring"

I see theres times that the lua calls for a "combineset" and just alters some pieces from another set.

Do i have to actually use that? or can i just make an entirely new set even if it has some same pieces from another set.

Just wondering cause if i can just copy and paste all of my exports to the LUA, not doing the combine sets would be alot less work for myself.

Also i may be wrong but those LUA files in the link you posted dont seem to have Haste cap swaps based on party buffs. is this true? or are they somehow incorporated with the motes.

Once again thanks alot for your time, i appreciate the help

#7 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:44 PM

yes thats correct

example:

Mote has

sets.precast.FC['Blue Magic'] = set_combine(sets.precast.FC, {body="Mavi Mintan +2"})

you could replace it to this

sets.precast.FC['Blue Magic'] = {head="Whirlpool Mask",neck=gear.ElementalGorget,ear1="Bladeborn Earring",ear2="Steelflash Earring",body="Qaaxo Harness",hands="Assimilator's Bazubands +1",ring1="Rajas Ring",ring2="Epona's Ring",back="Atheling Mantle",waist=gear.ElementalBelt,legs="Manibozho Brais",feet="Iuitl Gaiters +1"}

if that is what you want it to be

which is why in my include i left the gear so open ended and with nothing in it

mine also build off of your base set depending on what your doing

here is an example from my war

-- 1 base sets
                    sets.Engaged = {
                    head="Outrider Mask",
                    body="Outrider Mail",
                    hands="Outrider Mittens",
                    legs="Outrider Hose",
                    feet="Outrider Greaves",
                    neck={ name="Wivre Gorget", augments={'"Subtle Blow"+4','MP+3',}},
                    waist="Marid Belt",
                    left_ear="Impreg. Earring",
                    right_ear="Upsurge Earring",
                    left_ring="Enlivened Ring",
                    right_ring="Vehemence Ring",
                    back="Cerberus Mantle",
                    }
                    sets.Idle = {
                    head="Outrider Mask",
                    body="Outrider Mail",
                    legs="Outrider Hose",
                    feet="Outrider Greaves",
                    waist="Marid Belt",
                    left_ear="Impreg. Earring",
                    back="Cerberus Mantle",
                    }
                    sets.Resting = {
                    head="Outrider Mask",
                    body="Outrider Mail",
                    legs="Outrider Hose",
                    feet="Outrider Greaves",
                    waist="Marid Belt",
                    left_ear="Sanative Earring",
                    back="Cerberus Mantle",
                    }}
                -- 2 secondary equip for gear modes (pdt,mab,tp,etc. .. as many as you want)
                    sets.armor['Basic'] = {}
                -- 3 weapons
                    sets.weapon['Axe'] = {main="Eminent Axe",sub="Eminent Scimitar"}
                    sets.weapon['Dagger'] = {main="Eminent Dagger",sub="Eminent Scimitar"}
                    sets.weapon['Great_Axe'] = {main="Eminent Voulge",sub="Uther's Grip"}
                    sets.weapon['Great_Sword'] = {main="Eminent Sword",sub="Uther's Grip"}
                    sets.weapon['Hand-to-Hand'] = {main="Em. Baghnakhs",ammo=empty}
                    sets.weapon['Scythe'] = {main="Eminent Sickle",sub="Uther's Grip"}
                    sets.weapon['Sword'] = {main="Eminent Scimitar",sub="Eminent Dagger"}
                    sets.weapon['None'] = {main=empty,sub=empty}
                    sets.range['Marksmanship'] = {range="Lion Crossbow",ammo="Crossbow Bolt"}
                    sets.range['Throwing'] = {range="Snakeeye",ammo=empty
                -- 4 specific abilitys/spells
                    sets["Waltz"] = {} -- use this set for Waltz
                    sets.pretarget["Tomahawk"] = {range=empty,ammo="Thr. Tomahawk"}
                    sets.precast["Mighty Strikes"] = {hands="Agoge Mufflers +1"}
                    sets.precast["Berserk"] = {body="Pumm. Lorica +1",feet="Agoge Calligae +1"}
                    sets.precast["Warcry"] = {head="Agoge Mask +1"}
                    sets.precast["Aggressor"] = {head="Pumm. Mask +1",body="Agoge Lorica +1"}
                    sets.precast["Retaliation"] = {hands="Pumm. Mufflers +1",feet="Boii Calligae +1"}
                    sets.precast["Warrior's Charge"] = {legs="Agoge Cuisses +1"}
                    sets.precast["Tomahawk"] = {range=empty,ammo="Thr. Tomahawk",feet="Agoge Calligae +1"}
                    sets.precast["Restraint"] = {hands="Boii Mufflers +1"}
                    sets.precast["Blood Rage"] = {body="Boii Lorica +1"}

every thing other then the base sets you only need to put in the gear that needs to be changed

it also has all this built in

Ammo -- auto opens arrow/bolt/bullet bags(that are in you invitory) when you run out of ammo and try to use /range
                    Conquest_Gear -- automaticaly switches around you conquest gear depending on your zone and its conquest info
                    CorsairShot_Cards -- auto opens card cases(that are in you invitory) when you try to use cor shot and you do not have any cards left
                    Debug -- gives more info then gearswap does based on the settings you give it
                    Display -- displays all posible settings on screen
                    MSi(Magian Stave) -- auto switches main and sub to the the correct magen stave and elemantal grip
                    Ninja_Tool -- auto opens nin tool bags(that are in you invitory) when you use a ninjutsu and do not have the correct tools to cast it
                    Special_Weapons -- counts an switches your ws to the correct one when your main hand holds a fake mythic weapon(from abyssea)
                    File_Write -- saves user setting and other data so it can be recovered the next time you use the same job
                    Ninja_Wheel -- auto nin elemntal wheel
                    Registered_Events -- add events not included with gearswap(i.e. level watch, skill lvl watch,etc.)

#8 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

Does your basic lua have a buff reader?

example: http://pastebin.com/biFm1XTk

This guy's lua is huge. probably not something i want to get involved in. But he has triggers that will replace gear, like max haste switches to less DW etc.

#9 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

if your talking about the buff_change function thats part of gearswap

these are all the built in gearswap functions and what thay do

User Events
                            get_sets()                          function    Called once on load. Used to define variables, and specifically "sets"
                            pretarget(spell)                    function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs when the command text hits the outgoing text buffer. Does not occur for actions that bypass the outgoing text buffer (like using items from the menu). cancel_spell() and change_target() are implemented in this phase.
                            precast(spell)                      function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs immediately before the outgoing action packet is injected. cancel_spell(), verify_equip(), force_send(), and cast_delay() are implemented in this phase. Does not occur for items that bypass the outgoing text buffer (like using items from the menu).
                            midcast(spell)                      function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs immediately after the outgoing action packet is injected. Does not occur for items that bypass the outgoing text buffer (like using items from the menu).
                            aftercast(spell)                    function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs when the "result" action packet is received from the server, or an interruption of some kind is detected.
                            pet_change(pet,gain)                function    Passes in the "pet" table and a boolean indicating whether the pet is being summoned (true) or dismissed (false). Order is not guaranteed relative to aftercast for JAs like Release or Leave.
                            pet_midcast(spell)                  function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs when the "readies" action packet is received for your pet.
                            pet_aftercast(spell)                function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs when the "result" action packet is received for your pet.
                            filtered_action(spell)              function    Passes the resources line for the spell with a few modifications. Occurs when the player attempts to cast a spell that they are unable to cast. Cancel_spell() is implemented in this phase.
                            sub_job_change(new,old)             function    Passes the three letter abbreviations for your new subjob and your old subjob.
                            status_change(new,old)              function    Passes the new and old statuses.
                            pet_status_change(new,old)          function    Passes the new and old statuses of your pet.
                            buff_change(name,gain,buff_table)   function    Passes the new buff name and a boolean that indicates whether it was gained (true) or lost (false). Does not fire if your buff bar does not change. For instance, overwriting a March with another March will not trigger this event.
                            indi_change(indi_table,gain)        function    Passes the indi effect table when an indi aura changes and a boolean that indicates whether it was gained or lost.
                            self_command(command)               function    Passes any self commands, which are triggered by //gs c <command>
                            file_unload(new_job)                function    Called once on file/addon unload.

if you look at the Windower4\addons\GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information\Variables.xlsx file it has all the info you will ever need about gearswap

also my inxclude has no rules built in to it other then walts/samba/cure adjustment to the most efficient one and the most basic gear swap with in what i told you before but you could built this like auto set adjustments in vary easily

there are other things that it has as well(undocumented)

agro counter

ws to aoews switch when more then one mob is attacking(only for macro/chat commands so if you realy want to use a specific ws you just use it through the user window)

auto cp/xp ring

#10 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

I was also talking about in that LUA i posted. it seems like he has it set to switch his gear based on the fact if his character was given haste/marches basically so he doesnt go over the delay cap. i just didnt see anything like that in your LUA.

Now what are the binds for your gearsets? I dont see it in your basic. 

#11 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

i dont use binds just the display but you can add binds if you want
                        this is how

• bind [modifier][state]key [up] command - Binds a command to a key. Down is assumed, specify up for bind on release of key. Multiple keys can be assigned in the same bind statement, using | between keys. Use a modifier to bind the key only while also pressing one of the Shift, Alt, Ctrl, Apps, or Windows keys (Note use of the apps or windows key modifiers is not compatible with macros which use the windows or apps key by themselves as a bind). Use the optional state if you want to indicate the bind is valid only with the FFXI input line active/inactive.

• ^ - Ctrl key

• ! - Alt key

• @ - Windows Key

• # - Apps key

• state

• $ - Valid when the FFXI input line is active

• % - Valid when the FFXI input line is inactive

• See Key Mapping for an exhaustive list of available key

•  

send_command("bind [modifier][state]key [up]")

these are all the commands

All GS Commands require "gs c" in the front of them

Built in commands:
                          include basic commands -- always avalible
                            set armor -- sets armor to the desired armor type
                            set weapon -- sets weapon to the desired weapon type
                            set range  -- sets range to the desired range type
                                EXAMPLE: set weapon Club -- will set your weapon to Club
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c set weapon Club

reload_gearswap -- reloads gearswap
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c reload_gearswap

toggledisplay -- makes invisable/visable include display(only if display include is in use)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c toggledisplay

Magian Stave -- only if MSi include is in use and only on main jobs WHM, BLM, RDM, BRD, SMN, SCH, GEO
                            set staves <type> -- sets Magian to the desired type (Atk or Acc)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c set staves Atk -- sets Magian stave to Atk

toggle/t staves -- toggles weather to equip mage staves
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c toggle staves        

tstavetouse -- toggles between Atk and Acc staves
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c tstavetouse

tchangemagestaff -- toggles weather to equip mage staves
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c tchangemagestaff

Conquest Gear -- only if conquest gear include is in use
                            cconneck -- cycles through the conquest neck gear type you want to use [Mage, Tank, Normal] (Mage:Rep.Gold Medal, Tank:Windurstian Scarf, Normal:Grand T.K. Collar)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c cconneck

cconring -- cycles through the conquest ring gear type you want to use [Mage, Tank, Normal] (Mage:Gnd.Kgt. Ring, Tank:Ptr.Prt. Ring, Normal:Gld.Msk. Ring)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c cconring

tconneckchange -- toggles on/off weather you wat to equip conquest neck gear
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c tconneckchange

tconringchange -- toggles on/off weather you wat to equip conquest ring gear
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c tconringchange

set cqneck -- sets conquest ring type (Mage, Tank, Normal)
                            set cqring  -- sets conquest ring type (Mage, Tank, Normal)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c set cqneck tank

Debug -- only if debug include is in use
                            tDebug -- toggles on and off verbose debug mode
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c tDebug

cDebugtype -- cycles through all debug modes (Status_Change, Pet_Change, Filtered_Action, Pretarget, Precast, Buff_Change, Midcast, Pet_Midcast,
                                                              Aftercast, Pet_Aftercast, Indi_Change, Self_Command, All)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c cDebugtype

set debug <mode> -- sets the debug mode you want (1=Status_Change, 2=Pet_Change, 3=Filtered_Action, 4=Pretarget, 5=Precast, 6=Buff_Change, 7=Midcast,
                                                            8=Pet_Midcast, 9=Aftercast, 10=Pet_Aftercast, 11=Indi_Change, 12=Self_Command, 13=All)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c set debug 8 --sets debug mode to Pet_Midcast

show variable/var <name> -- shows Global variables(the global variables that gs has exposed are player, pet, fellow, world, party, alliance, _settings)
                                EXAMPLE(in chat): //gs c show var player --will print the entire player table to chat

Ninja_Wheel -- only if Ninja_Wheel include is active
                            setnin/sn <element/level> <type>
                              element:                 --
                                element or ele
                                type:
                                    - ice fire water lightning earth wind
                              level:                   --
                                level
                                type:
                                    - 1  2  3
                            startnin <type>
                              type:
                                - ninwheel or nw       -- starts single lvl nin wheel
                                - superninwheel or snw -- starts tri lvl nin wheel
                             Example1: -- this example setsup and starts nin wheel at Katon: Ichi and cycles through all the other spell of the selected level in the correct order till it casts Katon: Ichi again
                                gs c sn ele fire
                                gs c sn level 1
                                gs c startnin nw
                             Example2: -- this example setsup and starts nin wheel at Katon: Ichi and cycles through all the other spell in the correct order till it casts Katon: Ichi again
                                gs c sn ele fire
                                gs c sn level 1
                                gs c startnin snw

Extra info:
                            for set you can use aether set or s

plus more i have yet to write down
                        i have about 30+ different commands built in to my lua
                        and i can always add more for those thing currently only controlled through the display

#12 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

What do you mean by display?

Do you have a BLU LUA you use that i can take a look at?

#13 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 324 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:44 PM

go here and follow the instructions

https://github.com/smd111/Gearswap

edit

the little display can not be moved but after you click on the > the bigger display can be moved to anywhere on the screen you want i recommend near the party/allience list on the right of the screen just above the chat window

#14 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
                            • PipPip
                            • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

Thanks man, once again i appreciate it. Im messing around with it now. 

One last question, anyway to change these LUA files while im on the game? Seems like everytime i try and save the file after making a change my "POL stops working" and game crashes.

#15 Serkit

Serkit

• Members
                              • PipPip
                              • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:29 AM

Its actually not just that... It seems like everytime i open any kind of program, even control,alt,delete my game crashes.

#16 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 324 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

make sure that you run windower in windowed mode and to edit lua files on the fly i recommend using notepad++

ctrl,alt,del will crash ffxi no mater what you should just be using alt,tab to switch between windows

#17 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                                  • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

Anything that runs on the SecureDesktop including the UAC prompt and the Ctrl+Alt+Del Lock screen will instantly crash FFXI, this is a limitation in the game engine, and it's not something we can work around. For the UAC prompt you can configure it to not use the SecureDesktop (lower the setting one notch to the "do not dim my desktop" option). There's nothing you can do about Ctrl+Alt+Del. However, if you're just trying to open the task manager, then the correct shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Windows XP was the only version of Windows to default Ctrl+Alt+Del to the task manager instead of the lock screen, and that has trained over a billion people to use it incorrectly.

#18 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 324 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

Anything that runs on the SecureDesktop including the UAC prompt and the Ctrl+Alt+Del Lock screen will instantly crash FFXI, this is a limitation in the game engine, and it's not something we can work around. For the UAC prompt you can configure it to not use the SecureDesktop (lower the setting one notch to the "do not dim my desktop" option). There's nothing you can do about Ctrl+Alt+Del. However, if you're just trying to open the task manager, then the correct shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc. Windows XP was the only version of Windows to default Ctrl+Alt+Del to the task manager instead of the lock screen, and that has trained over a billion people to use it incorrectly.

no xp was the last one not the only one

win9x all did the same Ctrl+Alt+Del to the task manager

#19 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                                      • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

no xp was the last one not the only one

win9x all did the same Ctrl+Alt+Del to the task manager

I should have said that XP was the only version of Windows NT to use that default.

History Lesson!

Windows 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 95, 98 and ME were just graphical shells running on top of DOS. Prior to Windows 95 there was no such thing as the task manager. In Windows 3.1 Ctrl+Alt+Del ran the virtual reboot driver, which provided a way to recover or reboot the computer if an application froze the system; it was basically precursor to the modern Windows task manager. Prior to this, going all the way back to DOS, Ctrl+Alt+Del was simply a hardware interrupt which immediately rebooted the computer. The first public release of Windows NT was Windows NT 3.1 (not to be confused with Windows 3.1), and it and every version since, except Windows XP (a.k.a. Windows NT 5.1), opened the lock screen when you pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the task manager when you pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

#20 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                                        • PipPipPip
                                        • 324 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

I should have said that XP was the only version of Windows NT to use that default.

History Lesson!

Windows 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 95, 98 and ME were just graphical shells running on top of DOS. Prior to Windows 95 there was no such thing as the task manager. In Windows 3.1 Ctrl+Alt+Del ran the virtual reboot driver, which provided a way to recover or reboot the computer if an application froze the system; it was basically precursor to the modern Windows task manager. Prior to this, going all the way back to DOS, Ctrl+Alt+Del was simply a hardware interrupt which immediately rebooted the computer. The first public release of Windows NT was Windows NT 3.1 (not to be confused with Windows 3.1), and it and every version since, except Windows XP (a.k.a. Windows NT 5.1), opened the lock screen when you pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the task manager when you pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc.

all of that i can definitely say yes to

i remember having to build my own joystick irq protocols in dos 1.0-6.2 im glad i dont have to do that any more :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users