Windower close while afk

8 replies to this topic

#1 jburner

jburner

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:16 AM

Hello, I was looking around forums but couldn't find any help. I recently started playing xi again and never had this issue in the past. Anytime I leave windower and ffxi running while going afk, I return to windower being closed out. Not sure what is causing it or what is happen as it happens while I am gone so I don't see any type of error or anything. Any help would be great. Thank you.

#2 Krellion

Krellion

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 30 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

Make sure that you don't have auto-logout enabled. It's a global setting.

#3 jburner

jburner

• Members
        • Pip
        • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:45 AM

Hmmm. Yeah I have the disconnect setting on Playonline set to off yet it still happens. I recently switched over to a samsung SSD. That is the only change in my desktop since returning to xi.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

First, the setting he's talking about is in FFXI, not PlayOnline Viewer. Under Main Menu → Global. By default I believe it logs you out after 30 minutes. Second, make sure you don't have your screensaver set to lock the desktop, or require a password prompt these will cause the game to crash. In addition, on some systems if the monitor is automatically turned off it will crash the game.

#5 jburner

jburner

• Members
            • Pip
            • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

Yeah I have disconnect on pol and xi settings off. However I might have found the issue and am unsure how to resolve. I'm connected to my tv and if I turn my tv off windower disappears from program bar.

#6 jburner

jburner

• Members
              • Pip
              • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? Never happened to me until recently. Not being able to bazaar or afk is annoying however if no known fix I'll have to deal with it. Thank you.

#7 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 324 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

if you connect you comp via hdmi its because the spec for hdmi is a 2-way connection and when you turn off your tv it tells you comp that the screen is disconnected so your video card resets the video display causing your desktop to be reset

#8 jburner

jburner

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:21 PM

Ah I see. Thank you sdahlka. I guess I'll have to figure a way to bazaar. Appreciate the help. Unsure why it recently happened with my pc as I was using it on same two for a few years.

#9 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 324 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

did you recently get a display driver update if so that might have done it as not all video-card drivers have this on by default and it could have been pushed in the latest driver if only because it actually part of all HDMI standards from 1.0 to 2.0 but on 1.0 devices it has been known to be disabled for one reason or another and then re-enabled with a device update at some point

if you notice each time you turn on and off your tv(if you have an hdmi cable box) it reconnects to the cable box thats the tv talking to the box to tell it its there thus reconnecting and re building the interface each time and this i surmise is whats rebuilding your desktop each time you turn on and off your tv thus crashing ffxi as if you hit alt-tab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users