Crashing during the change from POL to FFXI

71 replies to this topic

#41 Talien

Talien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:14 AM

This is the exact issue I am having now as of the update. I'm playing on a laptop, with an onboard Intel HD Graphics 3000 video driver version 9.17.10.3347. This is the driver I had to downgrade to in order to see sprites. POL viewer loads just fine, but the jump from POL to FFXI crashes, I never see any scripts loading, it just goes immediately to the POL viewer crashed error. Everything was working fine 5 minutes prior to the server shutdown.

crash dump: http://www.megafileu...onplay-dmp.html

#42 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
    • 111 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I know ever since the 4.1 windower push, I havent had this issue. However I will keep an eye out with this new update case something changed.

sig.jpg
      Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
      ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#43 sceptre

sceptre

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Did anyone have a positive fix for this because the same thing is happening to a friend of mine who just installed ffxi and tried running it threw windower 4,

#44 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Nothing yet I'm afraid.

#45 Sundrymaster

Sundrymaster

• Members
        • Pip
        • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:13 PM

This just started today 3/3/2016.  After I click play on Playonline, Windower crashes before FFXI launches.  Here's crash dump. 

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#46 vonduke

vonduke

• Members
          • Pip
          • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:12 PM

POL crashes when going from POL to FFXI, just like Sundrymaster said. My crash dump: http://www.mediafire...ol.exe.4040.dmp

#47 vonduke

vonduke

• Members
            • Pip
            • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:19 PM

POL crashes when going from POL to FFXI, just like Sundrymaster said. My crash dump: http://www.mediafire...ol.exe.4040.dmp

I did a new dump: https://drive.google...RGVTdE9uZW9Jbm8

If it doesn't load for anyone this is where it crashes:

(2ba8.540): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
              First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
              This exception may be expected and handled.
              *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll
              *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll - 
              eax=02470828 ebx=00914200 ecx=02470a58 edx=00821c78 esi=02ffdb20 edi=0019ee6c
              eip=00000000 esp=0019ed48 ebp=00a40a58 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
              cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206

#48 Iyouboushi

Iyouboushi

• Members
              • Pip
              • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

Try messing with the resolution of the game in windower.  Laptops are especially picky when it comes to resolutions.  For example, on my laptop the default resolution of 1024x768 and the full screen resolution 1920x1080 both cause the error that this thread is about (crashing as soon as the game switches to FFXI).  The only way I ever found to stop this from happening was to set the resolution to 1280x720 and run it as 'windowed' mode.

Hopefully messing with resolutions will help some of you guys out.  If it still crashes with 1280x720 then try a different one.  Spend at least 20 min trying different resolutions to rule it out.  Like I said, it's rather picky.

~James~
                Even if you can't rely on anyone else, just pull yourself together and roar!
                My Website :: My FFXI Blog

#49 Twigberry

Twigberry

• Members
                • Pip
                • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:07 AM

Been playing for over a year with no issues until last ffxi/windower update.  Tried to do fresh install twice of ffxi and windower.  Here is the dump file hopefully someone can help.

https://www.dropbox....tempt1.dmp?dl=0

#50 barbatosa

barbatosa

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

I'm running into this issue now as well, however I've got a bit of a twist.

History: Windows 10 desktop with newest drivers running an upgrade form win7 with dual displays. No issues with anything until today.  No updates have occurred or any software changes aside from trying to run vanilla before the issue hit in the last 72 hours.

I went to go complete the quest Breaking the Ice and got the black screen issue that wiki noted you'd have to run the game normally sans windower to complete.

Tried that and the game kept refusing to launch from POL due to d3d issues and up until this point I've been playing ffxi via windower no problem so I doubt it's a true d3d issue.  Try to reload via windower and now all of a sudden I'm crashing when it's switching between POL and FFXI.  Tried a reboot just in case with no luck, nor are disabling any of the plugins having an effect.

Now here's where it gets odd. I fire up the configuration utility to go see if things are set odd and the first thing i see is a bunch of the windows are filled odd accented ?s like the font is missing or corrupted with the standard settings set (512x512, etc..)  Tried to reset and a dialog box full of ?s popped up and the settings reverted back to basic.  Pull up regedit and check the registry and note that it's got the settings that are set via windower (1440*900, doubled texture size, etc.)  Suspect there's issues with it accessing or saving the registry settings so I pull up the values online and start checking and everything looks like it's sane and has been what I've used for years.

For giggles I set the windowed mode to 1 (built in window mode) and it launches fine via vanilla but still dies via windower. If memory serves me right that's because it doesn't handle pol set to windowed mode. Reset the registry to fullscreened to see if it works now that i've got it loading properly in one situation, and it still crashes in both vanilla and windower.  Have tried unplugging the secondary display so I'm a single display system and it's still crashing.

Currently running it in vanilla windowed mode.

The corrupted text in the ffxi configuration tool has me a tad concerned, but right now I suspect it may be a red herring.

#51 yudhi108

yudhi108

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

Windower is crashing for me same as others.  POL crashes when going from POL to FFXI using windower, but does NOT crash with out windower.  I tried everything everyone has suggested including reinstalls, and trying it in 1280x720 mode.  Tried installing a gadget, letting other programs initiate directx etc.  Windower was working for months then all of a sudden stopped working a couple weeks ago.  I haven't played FFXI since.  I will not play ffxi with out windower.  It's a crap game with out windower, and I'll cancel my service account before I start playing with out windower.  I'll give it a couple more weeks before I cancel my account cuz I do wanna play ffxi, and am hoping this windower problem may be resolved.

#52 llen

llen

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

I have the same problem, crashes going from POL to FFXI, this has been going on for months with Windows 10.  I have used Windower for years with Vista and 7 no major problems.  Game loads fine as long as I don't use Windower.  I have checked out the forums and done all kinds of changes, still can't use Windower.  Down loaded new install of FFXI and Windower, nothing changed.  I have to assume its Windows 10 causing the problem.

#53 Pantsu

Pantsu

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

I'm suffering from the same issue. Although mine just started a couple of days ago. The windower had been working just fine on windows 10 for me since first released. I crashed during a CS that was posted would have issues, 3am no one remembers the minor things like that. Went to log in the next day and Windower crashed as it transitions to FFXI from POL. Loads to a white screen then stops responding. PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working. This only happens if Windower is being used. I've tried multiple things found within the support forums, and to no luck. 

#54 DharKhon

DharKhon

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 1 posts
                          • LocationCrestview

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:50 AM

I'm aware that this the weekend, and people do have lives, so this is in the nature of reaching out to find if anyone knows anything about this issue.

Fresh install of both FFXI and Windower on a laptop that ran FF fine back in Oct (I think). No income, so I have to wait for the free login periods. I can start Windower fine, enters the POL screen to log into POL, goes through all the screens there, but when it goes to transition from POL to FF, it crashes. An error box pops up, stating "PlayOnline Viewer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available".

I have both POL and Windower set to run as admin, have disabled the UAC as much as Win10 will let me. Vanilla POL/FFXI works fine, loads into FFXI without a problem, so it's either Windower or a glitch between Windower and POL, but I don't get any crash/error reports so I can't post anything. Please help, even if just to say it's being worked on. As I said, no income, so I only have till the 23rd to play for now, and I'd much prefer using Windower over vanilla POL/FFXI.

#55 Drunkguy82

Drunkguy82

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:30 AM

hello all. i am running Windows 10, and at first, fresh install of windower 4 and FFXI, everything ran great! then it suddenly stopped working after i had connected my HD television to my HDMI out on my graphics card. i have since removed the HDMI connection from the back of the pc, and i THOUGHT everything is back the way it was...but something has changed obviously, because when POL gets ready to load FFXI after i click play, it crashes. i don't believe it is windower that is crashing but POL. POL does NOT crash when i run vanilla POL without windower. ive changed resolutions multiple times in ffxi config, and have also uninstalled and reinstalled windower. i really dont wanna do a fresh install of ffxi D: let me know if there is any specific information needed to investigate this further, i thank you guys for your time, and all the work you've done in the past, ive been a faithful windower user for years now (when im active, that is). thanks again!

#56 Tubal

Tubal

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

I am having same issue.  Was working fine until a few days ago when I was in Khamir Drifts running the CS for reives key item quest.  Kept crashing on CS, so I went back to POL it crashed there as well with direct 3d error messaging.  I've reloaded drivers, reloaded windower, reloaded game, etc... I managed to get game back online but it's pointless to play without windower which continues to crash when switching from POL to FFXI.  I've also tried to configure resolutions without success.  If there is anything you can do to help get it back online it would be greatly appreciated. 

#57 Tubal

Tubal

• Members
                              • Pip
                              • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
                                   at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=q$pww7u7a8E5KBZ87oKIoig==(String #=qoOfmmNOMqhuJULvaMcWu2w==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=quTc0RVW0C2_5GERaxMw4LQ==, Boolean #=qhFOX1aUHv3mgiXMa34qGNQ==, TimeSpan #=qFEzHGxyOne7p37rEWbV8$w==)
                                   at #=qPVzKPXreBMK$G_TScC8d1Ctb_fGj44I1J70nspZgfgc=.#=qsKKl1l0g1HURDWit8B79Fw==(String #=qqKTShJx7xnazuWOpJ6ZDeg==, #=qdWKs2YH5SnFgXJPCF1szgPXoHSmmSh4DrfoUED_SDBo= #=qiV1cyIFi8uzxd23Z9RTz8A==, Boolean #=qvxtyf2yqPR87sOWe96PA4A==)
                                   at #=qvticlh8sdG9urHCodAc05R$Pt$DrlamfeVITJje_ohY=.#=qxA0hzrjWSVf3wZHstSp6qA==()
                                   at #=q4ao$U6CJ_ca3wGsQbteYRInNOUKn7px0EZirpC9v2dQ=.#=qRSqZ29WH0ZYrlsLq$sgMxA==(#=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog== #=qhFHi0z6eBl3jv5Ev3xCTig==)
                                   at #=q9gJgdStyyOZoRfONVWltog==.#=q1GDlKxdSu3j9WeEYkyufMQ==()
                                   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                                   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                                `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

#58 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

Made an account as I was finally able to help out a buddy who could not get the game running with windower no matter what he tried. We tried every solution we could think of/find with no luck. What ended up finally fixing the issue for us was a fresh install of windows 10 using a usb/disk install provided my Microsoft. 

We had tried using the "Reset" feature found in Windows 10 but it did not solve the issue. Etrigan's post the other day stating some random outside program on his computer was causing the issue made me figure that some bloat software or something else that came with the pc was causing the issue. Since "Reset" only brings the computer back to how it was when you received it we figured we would try reinstalling Windows 10 completely would be worth one more chance before giving up and moving back to Windows 7. 

USB tool https://www.microsof...load/windows10/

Windows 10 does not require a CD key and will recognize your computer once installation is complete. 

I just received a text from my friend saying it worked and he is currently online with Windower enabled. We have been dealing with this for about a month now and it has been a huge headache for sure. 

#59 The-Old

The-Old

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

So I'm having this issue as well. None of the fixes on the forums have worked. I follow the steps to create and save a crash dump. Here is an excerpt from it and as far as I can tell is the root cause of the crash. I just don't know how to fix it from here. Thanks

ModLoad: 70520000 70533000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\dhcpcsvc6.DLL
                                    ModLoad: 6eb30000 6eb42000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll
                                    ModLoad: 6eb10000 6eb26000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll
                                    ModLoad: 6eaf0000 6eb04000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll
                                    ModLoad: 74610000 7465f000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll
                                    ModLoad: 71960000 719e4000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\DNSAPI.dll
                                    ModLoad: 6eae0000 6eaeb000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll
                                    ModLoad: 71900000 71947000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\fwpuclnt.dll
                                    ModLoad: 71950000 71958000   C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rasadhlp.dll
                                    ModLoad: 02160000 0218b000   F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXi.dll
                                    ModLoad: 038c0000 04481000   F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll
                                    ModLoad: 5d930000 5d936000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\dpnhpast.dll
                                    ModLoad: 021d0000 021e6000   F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ImeUiDll.dll
                                    ModLoad: 021f0000 02202000   F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ImeUiDll2.dll
                                    ModLoad: 5cbb0000 5d93b000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll
                                    ModLoad: 58d50000 58e11000   C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPI.dll
                                    ModLoad: 5cbb0000 5d93b000   C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll
                                    (1f8.12ac): Access violation - code c0000005 (first chance)
                                    First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
                                    This exception may be expected and handled.
                                    *** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll
                                    *** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found.  Defaulted to export symbols for F:\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXINA\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\FFXiMain.dll - 
                                    eax=02552f50 ebx=0019ee00 ecx=025507c8 edx=007921f8 esi=044edb20 edi=0019ee6c
                                    eip=00000000 esp=0019ed48 ebp=0005074a iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
                                    cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00210206
                                    00000000 ??              ???
                                    0:000> g
                                    eax=00000000 ebx=00773090 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=027cc750 edi=70b5a930
                                    eip=77c770dc esp=0019ec14 ebp=0019ec44 iopl=0         nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
                                    cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00200206
                                    ntdll!NtProtectVirtualMemory+0xc:
                                    77c770dc c21400          ret     14h

#60 djmeowth

djmeowth

• Members
                                    • Pip
                                    • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

I'm trying to play during the return campaign but Windower 4 is making my POL crash. The development version is doing the same.

Judging from how long this has been happening and the lack of interest from developers, it looks as though there's simply nothing to be done about it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users