luaaddonmorathbarfiller

32 replies to this topic

#21 Morath

Morath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

I am getting an error at line 120 of barfiller.lua. 

[...]

Make sure you copy the updated addons\libs\images.lua file in order for the addon to work with the recent changes.

EDIT: changes.

Edited by Morath, 02 June 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#22 mmckee

mmckee

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

I did that, still get the error.

#23 Morath

Morath

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:49 PM

v0.2.5 added new Visible command to toggle state of addon with show() function, removed unused code, rewrote settings structure, renamed image and text objects for better readability.

#24 Morath

Morath

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 19 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

I did that, still get the error.

Try deleting the data\settings.xml file after updating, it might be using the old structured settings.

#25 Avaro

Avaro

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Sorry for late reply. I've copied and pasted like I was supposed to everything is correct, but I still can't see the text for TNL and jobs like yours in screenshot. The bar works just no text.

hrcxtl.jpg

If it helps I'm on windows 8.1  :huh:

• Morath likes this

#26 mmckee

mmckee

• Members
            • Pip
            • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

Try deleting the data\settings.xml file after updating, it might be using the old structured settings.

I too did that.

*edit* 

So I decided to delete everything and go clean. I now receive a new error in which 'it' tells me that it basically cannot find the 'draggable' function.

This leads me to believe that there is an issue with of course images.lua. I have copied several times the images.lua to addon\libs

but i still get the error. I then closed completely the game, copied, and restarted the game thinking it only loads the change to that lua on load and that I would need to reload the entire game to load the changes. Same error. After which I examined the lua and found that the draggable function is not there. This leads me to believe that either I am not copying it correctly (which i am), or that windower is rewriting the file onload every time.

I will continue to troubleshoot this.

*edit #2*
              Apparently I'm an idiot. Either that or Windows 10 has a file copy/access level bug..... let's go with windows 10 bug. After shutting down completely again, and deleting fresh again, I copied the files and this time when I loaded the addon it worked.
              The text is nowhere to be seen, but I have that issue for a while and will end up changing the location anyway.

• Morath likes this

#27 Morath

Morath

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

I too did that.

*edit* 

So I decided to delete everything and go clean. I now receive a new error in which 'it' tells me that it basically cannot find the 'draggable' function.

This leads me to believe that there is an issue with of course images.lua. I have copied several times the images.lua to addon\libs

but i still get the error. I then closed completely the game, copied, and restarted the game thinking it only loads the change to that lua on load and that I would need to reload the entire game to load the changes. Same error. After which I examined the lua and found that the draggable function is not there. This leads me to believe that either I am not copying it correctly (which i am), or that windower is rewriting the file onload every time.

I will continue to troubleshoot this.

*edit #2*
                Apparently I'm an idiot. Either that or Windows 10 has a file copy/access level bug..... let's go with windows 10 bug. After shutting down completely again, and deleting fresh again, I copied the files and this time when I loaded the addon it worked.
                The text is nowhere to be seen, but I have that issue for a while and will end up changing the location anyway.

I have no idea about Windows 10, but aside from that I'm guessing either the Font is not loading Montserrat, Ubuntu Mono or Arial, or the more likely scenario I didn't implement it properly to switch if one of those fonts were not found. I'll take another look when I get home in a few hours.

#28 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 488 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

I have no idea about Windows 10, but aside from that I'm guessing either the Font is not loading Montserrat, Ubuntu Mono or Arial, or the more likely scenario I didn't implement it properly to switch if one of those fonts were not found. I'll take another look when I get home in a few hours.

It looks like you're setting it up correctly. The only thing I can see is you end up passing in Montserrat twice; you don't need to list it in the "fonts" table if it's already the primary "font" setting. I also suggest you include "sans-serif" (must be exactly this string; case sensitive) as a final fallback. This string is treated specially by Windower, and resolves to the system's default sans-serif font, which is guaranteed to exist. If things are still not working, let us know, we may have a deeper bug.

• Morath likes this

#29 Morath

Morath

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 19 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Avaro

Sorry for late reply. I've copied and pasted like I was supposed to everything is correct, but I still can't see the text for TNL and jobs like yours in screenshot. The bar works just no text.

[...]edit #2*

It looks like you're setting it up correctly. The only thing I can see is you end up passing in Montserrat twice; you don't need to list it in the "fonts" table if it's already the primary "font" setting. I also suggest you include "sans-serif" (must be exactly this string; case sensitive) as a final fallback. This string is treated specially by Windower, and resolves to the system's default sans-serif font, which is guaranteed to exist. If things are still not working, let us know, we may have a deeper bug.

Think I figured it out, it was because of two things, first you didn't have the default Font I selected "Montserrat" installed, and secondly I did not correctly pass the fall back fonts. I've modified one line which I was able to test and confirm worked (at least on Win8.1).

line 174 of statics.lua:

exp_text:font(settings.Texts.Exp.Text.Font, unpack(settings.Texts.Exp.Text.Fonts))

Just to be safe, delete the Settings.xml file again after updating.

Edited by Morath, 05 June 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#30 Schliematt

Schliematt

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

I like this addon, but for someone who is 99 with nothing under that, that can actually gain exp its not as useful. I read soemthign about putting limits on there and that is a good idea, but we also get merits soo fast. Could it be made to use for capacity points maybe?

• Morath likes this

#31 Morath

Morath

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 19 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

I like this addon, but for someone who is 99 with nothing under that, that can actually gain exp its not as useful. I read soemthign about putting limits on there and that is a good idea, but we also get merits soo fast. Could it be made to use for capacity points maybe?

To my knowledge it can be done, it's basically simple math that looks at current resource value, total required to level (if applicable), and shows the difference/progress/%. I haven't been able to update it any further since I no longer can afford the game to test new code, but this is sort of where I would start with it...

If you look at Line 99 of code in the barfiller.lua file:

windower.register_event('incoming chunk',function(id,org,modi,is_injected,is_blocked)
                            if is_injected then return end
                            if ready then
                                -- Thanks to smd111 for Packet parsing
                                local packet_table = packets.parse('incoming', org)
                                if id == 0x2D then -- This is line 99
                                    exp_msg(packet_table['Param 1'],packet_table['Message'])
                                elseif id == 0x61 then
                                    xp.current = packet_table['Current EXP']
                                    xp.total = packet_table['Required EXP']
                                    xp.tnl = xp.total - xp.current
                                    chunk_update = true
                                end
                            end
                        end)

And using the fields.lua as a reference, you will want to look for 0x2D (Killing/Reward/Loot Message):

• 0x2D is the message received upon defeating an enemy

• packet_table['Param 1'] will return how much you gained in EXP, Limit Points, and Capacity Points

• 0x61 holds your characters current stats, but I'm not sure if the packet_table['Current EXP'] would return the anything other than EXP, I'd ask either Arcon or Iryoku to be sure

That's theoretically how you would get the numbers, from there I'd have to change the output of the text displayed in the statics.lua with the update_strings() function which is the easy part.

If I ever figured out how to get on a private server, or I get back into a stable situation to afford the game I would resume dev of this addon.

#32 Jalker

Jalker

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

Is there plans to lock the postion of the text?  or did i miss how to do it?  Every time i log in it is in the default place.

#33 Morath

Morath

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Is there plans to lock the postion of the text?  or did i miss how to do it?  Every time i log in it is in the default place.

That's due to the fact the addon is setup by default to position itself in the center of the screen, and I haven't worked on this addon for a while now because I no longer have an active subscription to FFXI. If you're wanting to manually set a position, for now you'd have to go into the statics.lua file and look at Lines 282 for position_images() and Line 290 for position_text().

There is where the lines are being positioned, you can set your own position manually, just remember the structure of the code is like this:

the_image:pos(x_coordinates, y_coordinates);
                            the_text:pos(x_coordinates, y_coordinates);

You'll notice in my Text position it's reading the values of Image position to keep it aligned, so if you're okay with how the Text aligns to the Image, then all you have to change is the Image X and Y coordinates instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lua, addon, morath, barfiller

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users