How do I load plugins automatically?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ande85

Ande85

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:04 AM

There is this plugin called Unlimited that I happened to find, and while it does make the game run smoother, I still have to load it manually every single time. I've already dropped the plugin into the plugins folder, and edited the settings.xml file, but it still won't load automatically. Is there anything I can do to cause this plugin to automatically load?

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

You generally shouldn't download plugins or addons manually. Instead you're expected to install and manage them through the Windower 4 launcher. Click the "Plugins" or "Addons" tab at the top of the window, scroll down until you find the one you're looking for, click the download button if it's not already installed, and then use the switch to toggle auto-loading on and off for each plugin or addon as you desire.

#3 Ande85

Ande85

• Members
        • Pip
        • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

I tried that, but couldn't find it listed anywhere in the program. Also since the plugin was released on October, and it's still not added to the plugins/addon list yet, I doubt I'll see in Windower anytime soon. Also, while I looked for a similar plugin, I just couldn't find one, so I'm doing what I can to get it running automatically.

If it helps here is the link that talks about it: http://forums.window...514-fps-plugin/

I could have posted there, but didn't want to necro bump, plus I figured that it would be better to post a new thread entirely, so that others would benefit when doing a Google search.

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts
          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

The plugin was deprecated in favor of the Config plugin. The Config plugin incorporates its functionality. Load Config and, while in-game, do //config FrameRateDivisor 1 for 60 FPS, or //config FrameRateDivisor 0 for uncapped FPS. If you then want to save it for all characters, do //config save. You can just type //config to get a list of all available commands, or you can check its settings file (in Windower/plugins/settings/Config.xml).

#5 Ande85

Ande85

• Members
          • Pip
          • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

I'm in favor of editing the file manually: it's just much easier, and a lot less hassel, especially with Notepad++ installed. Also I managed to edit the config file settings a little, deleted Unlimited, and am now testing things out. So far everything is working good with no slow downs at all despite running things at their maximum settings. If future problems happen I can always back down incrementally via the nearest whole integer. :)

On a seperate topic, if a new plugin is released, will Windower be updated automatically, or would a new version have to be launched?

#6 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 488 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:53 AM

If a plugin is updated, you will automatically get the new version the next time you run the Launcher. If we discontinue a plugin and release a replacement, either with a different name or as an addon instead of a plugin, you will need to manually install the new plugin or addon from the Launcher. We make announcements here and on other FFXI related forums when this happens.

#7 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts
              • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

This file is probably the most reliable source for Windower-related updates. Everything that happens to Windower except addons, because they're not technically by the Windower team. Although you can keep up with addon updates here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users