Photo

Downloading Plugins Crashes Windower

plug insreport bug not working

Best Answer Arcon , 18 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Can you see if you can download this file? If so, can you put it in Windower/plugins/ and see if that works?

Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic

#1 PeppyGreyskull

PeppyGreyskull

• Members
    • Pip
    • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

So, as I posted in another thread that got ignored cause of a silly after-thought, I'm having an issue with windower crashing whenever I try to download a plugin from the windower application.

With the latest update, the app has uninstalled many of my plugins (I have checked to make sure they were not included in the removals/planned removals) and now crashes the moment I click the download button. I haven't tried them all, as most of them are a waste of my time since I'll never use them, but I have tried these so far:

Timers, FFXIDB, PlasticSurgeon (I'm more than aware that it's being replaced, but it's there currently), and Status Timer.

Each one crashes windower the instant it starts thinking about downloading and has done so since the 1/17(16?)/2015 update (post plugins/addons crashing FFXI fix).

EDIT: Added my crash log: http://pastebin.com/nFmDgF5V

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

For some reason Windower doesn't have access to its own temp folder. The only things I can think of that could cause this are antivirus software, and improperly configured ACLs.

#3 PeppyGreyskull

PeppyGreyskull

• Members
        • Pip
        • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

As I have absolutely no idea what an ACL is, I disabled my antivirus (I already tried marking that whole subset as not read only, but it keeps reverting like a jerk) and 'took ownership' as admin of the subset/ran windower as admin and came up with nothing.

EDIT: I do seem to not have an xml file, like addons.xml/addons(no file type)/addons.json, for plugins in my update folder. Dunno if that's typical, or possibly what's causing the issue as I don't know what those files are for.

EDIT2: To avoid double posting, I uninstalled and reinstalled windower, deleting my plugins and updates folders, but it changed nothing.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Can you try installing Windower somewhere other than the Programs directory, perhaps to your desktop?

#5 PeppyGreyskull

PeppyGreyskull

• Members
            • Pip
            • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

I install it to a separate harddrive than even my windows harddrive. It's where I've kept it since reinstalling my game, but I'll try installing it somewhere else and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Uninstalled it and installed to my desktop and still nothing.

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts
              • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:03 PM   Best Answer

Can you see if you can download this file? If so, can you put it in Windower/plugins/ and see if that works?

#7 PeppyGreyskull

PeppyGreyskull

• Members
              • Pip
              • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

Won't let me download the file.

Okay, so that and everything else is fixed. Apparently, disabling my anti virus earlier didn't actually disable my antivirus or something. Idk, my crap has been weird recently, but I re-redisabled it and now its all back to normal. Sorry about the trouble and thanks for the help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plug ins, report bug not working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users