Plug-ins/add-ons loading but not working

3 replies to this topic

#1 SuperTKO

SuperTKO

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

I just did a clean install of FFXI and Windower 4 on a custom built PC and I'm having a fairly confusing problem. When I use Windower to launch FFXI, it will show that the addons I'm using are loading successfully but only one or two will actually work, the rest just won't show up.

It seems to be very similar to http://forums.window...ine-but-addons/. I'm not able to use any // commands in the chatbox, the only plug-in that currently works for me is attainment and unlimited (though I can't check the FPS). Add-ons don't seem to work at all.

I'm running a Windows 7 Ultimate. I have read that the UEFI Secure Boot could cause similar issues with Windows 8 but could not find anything regarding my OS.

#2 Maxo996

Maxo996

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

Yeah, odd. This is kind of my situation also. Custom built PC (all modern components) Win 8.1 64 bit. I tried the Secure Boot disable, everything I could find online that was similar. Nothing making it work. Hmm. Let me know if you find anything else and I'll do the same.

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

This seems like the same issue as described here, meaning the chat handler is screwed up. If you can join us on IRC, I'd like to debug this further.

#4 SuperTKO

SuperTKO

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

I will try to get on IRC this Sunday, as it has been the only time I have had time off enough to coordinate something like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users