Photo

APradar (Fork of newly released open source apradar.)

134 replies to this topic

#101 iBot27

iBot27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

I only familiar with the mob structure of apradar, and even if I could make it work it will only add the mob name ,id and zone so the other information will still have to be manually added. I think you can manually add mobs targetting them and hitting the add+ button that appears in the apradar bar.

Ok so using the "add+" definitely works. I just ran through Doh Gates, added every mob in the zone and they now show up to be edited in the Mob Database editor. So that works. But when using Spawn Alert Filter and choosing Dho Gates as my zone to search, I get a popup window stating: "No Mobs Found" "No mobs were loaded. ApRadar checked the following path for your FFXI installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI". This also happens for Woh Gates, same Pop up window. So far these are the only 2 zones that I've had this happen for. I'll check the rest of them later to see if I find anymore zones with this issue.

Back to why "Scan Dats for new Mobs" gets stuck at 31% while scanning. Any reason for this? Is this fixable? If this scan completed would it fix the other issues I'm having?

Now the last issue, "Dat Item Browser" this appears to work but only for "Puppet Items". It'd be really convenient to be able to look up gear via "Dat Item Browser".

I know there might not be a lot of care for things like this but I really like this app and just wish all the options available to me worked as intended. Minus the ApRadar Chat and Remote Chat Server. One more thing, if his could be done without too much effort, it'd be nice to have higher resolution maps. 512x512 legend icons are hard to read sometimes, even when the map is stretched to Full-Screen. I managed to add a Higher Res Map but as expected my Current position didn't match where it showed me to be on the map. I am unfamiliar with how Map.ini Line Generator works but would that fix the issue if I wanted to add Higher Res maps and it displaying my current position wrong.

I know I have a lot of questions and this may all seem pointless to some people but I'm interested in it and appreciate any help you can give me. I only wish I knew how to code so I could do this on my own or help people like all of you devs do. Thanks in advance.

#102 xanovaria

xanovaria

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:42 AM

would anyone be able to tell me or show me where i can find the maps for apradar? i downloaded the program but when i started it i got multiple prompts saying i dont have the map for certain areas. would be awesome if someone cold show where to find the maps for FFXI so i can use the ApRadar

#103 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 334 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

The maps are in the same zip than the program, so unless you download somewhere else they should be there

#104 Viertel

Viertel

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Hrm.

Recently came back, and the colors for the different affects (NPC, PC, Party, etc.) isn't working.   The latest update I've seen is from Kensi I believe, around Feb 2016.   Is there a more recent one, or a setting that needs to change?

#105 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 334 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

They do work for me, there are options to change the color so make sure they are not the same.

#106 Viertel

Viertel

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:36 PM

They do work for me, there are options to change the color so make sure they are not the same.

The issue ended up being I was using an older version.  

I multi-box and have two different Windower folders.  I ended up doing it this way as there's several addons that although you can specify certain certain settings for UI elements a lot of times it doesn't save properly between character swapping and/or just logging a character off so I ended up creating an entirely new one for the smaller windows for the non-main accounts.

I was apparently using an older APRadar without realizing it.

And yeah, I was aware of the color settings and whatnot since I have been using Apradar3 since its inception back when it was paid.  It's just that version (that I've since removed) must have been one of the first iterations after it went free and the color settings weren't working properly.

#107 iBot27

iBot27

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

@Kenshi

I've noticed that for the past few months Apradar is taking a lot longer to load at startup and also, occasionally, it'll hang. My character's reference point on the map stops updating and does not show my current position. After a few minutes pass it'll fix itself. I haven't changed anything and this has happened all on it's own. I was wondering if maybe any of the more recent windows 10 updates could be the cause or if you have a newer update that'll fix this.

Thanks in advance.

#108 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 334 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

The code on apradar has not been modified, the cause could be windows 10 but I can't say cause Im still on windows 7

#109 Cloudstrafie

Cloudstrafie

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:10 AM

Ive also ha

@Kenshi

I've noticed that for the past few months Apradar is taking a lot longer to load at startup and also, occasionally, it'll hang. My character's reference point on the map stops updating and does not show my current position. After a few minutes pass it'll fix itself. I haven't changed anything and this has happened all on it's own. I was wondering if maybe any of the more recent windows 10 updates could be the cause or if you have a newer update that'll fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Ive had this issue as well im not sure what going on,It takes 5 mins ish or so to load then freezes sometimes. Any insight would be helpful thank you

#110 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 334 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Maybe this was the problem https://github.com/W...Lua/issues/1520

were you using the dev version of windower? if so could you try with the new hook?

#111 Cloudstrafie

Cloudstrafie

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

Maybe this was the problem https://github.com/W...Lua/issues/1520

were you using the dev version of windower? if so could you try with the new hook?

No im not im still using the old version of windower,i wouldnt think that would affect apradar tho

#112 iBot27

iBot27

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

I too am also on the public version. Can confirm that this is also happening across multiple systems. I've shared your upkeep of ApRadar with 3 other friends and they are all having the same issue.

#113 Viertel

Viertel

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

Yeah I can chime in that this is happening to me as well.  Currently been waiting 2 minutes on the program to load; more often than not I have to either wait or attempt to restart it multiple times.

I have noticed that with more accounts the wait times increases exponentially (I sometimes multi-box up to 6 if a few friends are going to be out and I'm in the mood to grind CP on my BLU, and log them in to let them leech).  When it launches normally I can see there's CPU usage on the start as it loads into the foreground, and once it's fully loaded it goes into the background with minimal CPU usage.

When it stutters on loading the CPU usage spikes and then flatlines until it finally loads (another spike) and then goes into the background.

#114 Hokuten

Hokuten

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:56 AM

I really have always appreciated how you picked this project up and have kept it going for so long.  It's not much but I wanted to contribute a bit...I think this is where the trouble is starting...

Private Sub LoadRSS()
                                      Try
                                          Dim rss As New RSS
                                          rss.LoadFeed("http://apradar.com/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=13")

This function is found in AppBarForm.vb.  Specifically, I think it's running into trouble when calling rss.LoadFeed.  That appeared to be where the app was getting hung up while I was attempting to debug.  I don't know enough about all that's going on in this function, but I made a change locally to immediately return after entering LoadRSS() and the app loads up in seconds.  Perhaps if you have time you can rip this out of the version you make available.

#115 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 102 posts
                              • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

Hello,

I noticed a common problem for both, when going into underground areas that have multiple maps.

Some times you'll get to a location and the mapping program will jump between maps.  Why?  From what I can tell it is because the same position exists on two or more maps.  The more maps sharing the same position the character is at the more maps you see bouncing around.

It can get so bad (with FFXIcaddr) my 24 core system goes to 100% CPU!

I reported the problem to the FFXIcaddr developer and he says he'll look at it - someday (he recently moved and stopped playing FFXI).

Anyone else seeing this problem?

My guess is the mapping programs have an issue 

Thanks!

#116 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 334 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

The problem on this is not the program at least for the ApRadar and Mappy (I dunno for the FFXICaddy), Its the init not being well done.

#117 roja323

roja323

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Question on that.

Can anyone write up/find me a step by step on how to update the ini?  Or does anyone have an updated ini

I notice in nyzul there is 1 map that never loads (its black).  Its in the map folder, and the ini has data for it, but i guess the data is incorrect.    How do you go about finding the new coordinates for the ini file?  

EDIT:

So i went to FFXIDB, zone dump, and used their file to cross reference the xyz, and everything lines up 100% with nyzul 1.  My only other thought is that apradar is detected map 1 as some other location other than 4d_0. I will check when i get home. 

#118 roja323

roja323

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

i went to the git hub location, and if you remove all of the RSS feed code from all the different forms and then re compile, it loads instantly and no longer hangs.  

Edit:

Tested it at home, loads instantly, no more lock ups. below is my zip file, no maps so just copy your own maps folder over. .  

https://drive.google...NlB3Tmp3Wmk1NjA

#119 Phaelyn

Phaelyn

• Members
                                    • Pip
                                    • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

then you gotta rename whatever program you use to log into pol.exe

i also play on a private server, i have changed the name to pol.exe and i still receive ffxi not found.

Note: i had an older version of apradar that would recognize ffxi but i uninstalled it to install the newer one here and now it does not recognize, i use windower to launch. 

#120 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                                      • PipPipPip
                                      • 334 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

What are you renaming to pol.exe? Xiloader?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users