Photo

POL Max Accounts List (need 5 registred)

POL Login Account Max Limit

4 replies to this topic

#1 Celedar

Celedar

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

I am currently playing 5 FFXI accounts on my laptop and a single account on my main computer. As playonline will only accept four registred accounts at any one time, the only way I know right now to run all 5 accounts is to delete an account and add one after 4 is running. Anyone know a way around this? Or anyone know how I can store the account information (config stuff like effects settings, chatfilter etc) as theese settings get removed every time I have to remove an account to initiate another one.

Thank you! :-)

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

You can use a guest account instead of deleting and creating a fifth account every time, which is slightly more work than just logging in normally, but less than deleting and creating a new account.

You can also have two separate FFXI installations to accomplish that, although some registry tweaking may be necessary to run Windower with the other installation.

I'm sure there's a simpler way, I just never had to use this, so I don't know about it.

#3 Iberian

Iberian

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

I just use guest accounts. It wont remove settings when logging in/out with guests. I've considered two installs before, that would be the way to go. It would be nice to be able to choose your ffxi installation directory for each profile inside the windower launcher.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

Simple fix in this case: install both the North American and European clients. This gives you 8 account slots, you can play them all in English, and Windower can be configured to launch a specific client on a per-profile basis. If you ever need more than 8 accounts this wont help though (unless you're ok with playing in Japanese; then you can get up to 12 slots).

North American Client

European Client

Note: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click accept to download.

• Iberian likes this

#5 Rioitz

Rioitz

• Members
          • Pip
          • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Sorry for the super bump, I have been trying to get this to work, however every time I try and install a different region version of POL it still will not recognise the different versions in Windower profiles, any tips on this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users