22 replies to this topic

#21 Herum

Herum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

the message i got is this

"A problema caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaible"

#22 Altkey

Altkey

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

I am having the same issue.  When jumping from POL to the game it will crash.  I can connect fine without Windower but crashes everytime using Windower.  This is on a Windows 8.1 laptop that was working fine until yesterday morning.  First started freezing while connecting to lobby.  Now it just crashes as soon as you go from POL to the game (before the "connecing to lobby" screen).

I have disabled all plugins/addons and have done the clearing of the autoload.txt also with same results.  Also, I do get the Play Online has crashed error.

Here is my dump file: http://www.chobaka.c...ol.exe.7896.dmp

Things I have tried:

1) Disabling antivirus

2) Uninstalling antivirus

3) Uninstalling/Reinstalling Windower

4) Installing Windower developement build

5) Doing a check files/repair

I did have an issue with Vanilla POL where I was getting the FFXI "failed to initialize direct3d" error but I can get passed that by making a change in the FFXI config (background resolution).

#23 Zahan

Zahan

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Yeah I been having this same issue for months myself, I did get progress made with my desktop by installing the Visual C++ 2008-2010-2012-2013 x86 and x64. It fixed my desktop but when I tried to do it on my laptop it didn't work. Both using Windows 8.1 Pro .net 4.5.2 and 3.5. Just to relay the issue, When I start Windower 4 it opens to Pol screen, I click on name then click on password to type it and this is when it freezes. I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to close the program. if you just start Pol it logs into FFXI perfectly. so its looking like a windower issue, unless Microsoft changed something on patch Tuesday that we haven't seen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users