Failed to Initialize polcore.

3 replies to this topic

#1 TIris

TIris

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:29 AM

So I recently tried to play a FFXI private server, always been a massive fan of the game and was estatic when i found out that there were private servers still up!

I got the game through steam, which im told makes things.. difficult. But I managed to get everything working, untill the very end. I got windower running, made an account and password. Hit login. and got the message "Failed to initialize polcore, closing..."
      And it just closes, does anybody have an Idea on how to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance!
      Tiris.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

Windower was not meant for private servers, and none of the devs play on one or have invested any time in researching them, so we cannot give you support for that.

However, people have successfully used Windower on private servers, so it is possible. I'll try to get in touch with someone who knows something about it and see if he knows what your issue is.

• TIris likes this

#3 TIris

TIris

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Thank you mate, apperciated

#4 Gravenet

Gravenet

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

So I recently tried to play a FFXI private server, always been a massive fan of the game and was estatic when i found out that there were private servers still up!

I got the game through steam, which im told makes things.. difficult. But I managed to get everything working, untill the very end. I got windower running, made an account and password. Hit login. and got the message "Failed to initialize polcore, closing..."
          And it just closes, does anybody have an Idea on how to fix this problem??

Thanks in advance!
          Tiris.

Hey TIris,

There are a few steps that sometimes get overlooked and we have found there are some versions of FFXI that do not always connect with private servers.... 

EU vs US (I feel like I'm about to talk about the world cup... GO EU) .  We have found that in some instances the EU version does not connect

directly with some servers.  They have a few files that are different within the launcher from one to the next.  I have not had time recently to check it

but I am looking forward to checking it this week hopefully.

The secondary steps are sometimes missed or overlooked are : installing the c++ redist- for 2010 2011 2013 (the reason for no 12 is that there is 

a version 4 for 2011) Unless i've mixed it up its late.  We also recommend not just assuming the 64bits are good, we tell users that if your going to 

install the 64bits to go ahead and install the 32bits as well.  Again this is a private server thing, we've found that the 32's for now anyway seem to 

work better with them.

Steam versions Definitely work - and if none of the above help in any way I would be more than happy to see if I cant work with you until you get

it working.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users