Battlemod and onscreen damage

3 replies to this topic

#1 Methydia

Methydia

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Hello all. I switched my in game configuration to show damage on the screen only, instead of in the chat window. It wasn't working for some reason (no in game display just txt in the chat window). I did a little investigating and found out that with Battlemod loaded it won't display any in game damage,healing, etc, as long as the addon is loaded. I've looked at the settings for battlemod but I can't see any setting that would not allow the in game damage from displaying, to my understanding it's purpose is to keep the chat display more organized. does anyone know of a setting or command I'm missing that will get on screen damage displaying with battlemod loaded. Thanks.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

That's kinda impossible, unfortunately, since Battlemod recreates the chat log entirely in a way that FFXI cannot detect.

It might be possible to fix that in the future, but we aren't currently looking into it.

#3 Methydia

Methydia

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

That's kinda impossible, unfortunately, since Battlemod recreates the chat log entirely in a way that FFXI cannot detect.

It might be possible to fix that in the future, but we aren't currently looking into it.

Ahh I understand.  So the in screen display is just a visual representation of the chat log.  And because of what Battlemod does to the chat log, FFXI doesn't "see anything" in the chat log and therefore has nothing to display. 

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Correct, FFXI does see the chatlog, but BM modifies the packets in such a way that it thinks it's just random chat and not battle-related actions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users