infobar

7 replies to this topic

#1 Kainsin

Kainsin

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Hello, recently returning player here getting back into Windower.

So it looks like the Infobar plugin's database hasn't been updated in a while as I haven't seen anything for the Adoulin monsters when I was playing. I searched around and found a blog that had version 1.8b and put that in but still no Adoulin monsters.

Does anyone have the format that this database is in or something to work with it? I wouldn't mind going around updating stuff myself as I see it.

Thanks!

• Aliquis likes this

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Are you an experienced programmer? If so, we were planning to incorporate automatic mob data gathering via the FFXIDB plugin which is sent to the website (and conversely, pull data from the website to display it in the plugin). If you're interested in helping out with that, I'd love to have you on board. We've been wanting to do it for a while, but couldn't find anyone who had the time to do it.

#3 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

I had a look a while back at it and the database was missing lots of info.  I made attempts at editing the database for the existing mobs, which worked, but as for new mobs it wasn't registering the new IDs.  My guess is that the dll needs editing to include them, but I haven't the faintest how to read those type of dlls otherwise I would contribute my progress to you.

#4 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

In regards to an experienced programmer to assist you my husband is an experienced programmer, if you may recall he recoded Windower back somewhere in 2001 or 2002 to make the X64 version.  He was met with scepticism initially and people were mumbling about it being a virus and that made him feel rather upset that he swore if he wrote anything else it would be for his and my own benefit, but I could try convince him to change his stubborn mind to help with the projects since I still play the game.  He's been ultra busy as of late so I know he won't have much time if any to help, not sure when he'll have the time or patience as his company has everyone working double time and everyone's feeling the pressure.

As for me my knowledge is fairly limited in this kind of stuff, I'm not as experienced as my husband is.  I don't know how much help I can be but I can at least try since I understand the basics of code and sql.

#5 Kainsin

Kainsin

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, I am pretty experienced and programming is my job. :) Mainly real-time systems and applications, but I'm pretty proficient in Java and C/C++/C#. Not a whole lot of web-based development experience. I was hesitant to apply because I'm not sure of my own free time schedule, but I'll do so after work and see how it goes.

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Sounds great then, could you drop by on our IRC server? Then we could have a chat about how to go about this :)

#7 Kainsin

Kainsin

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

Sorry, but the hours-long wife aggro tonight after work helped remind me how many commitments I already. :( If I stick around FFXI long enough this time then I'll try to get more into programming outside of work again and hop in to help.

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Alright, no rush, whenever it works for you let me know :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: infobar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users