Windower Crashes At Character Loading

10 replies to this topic

#1 Broz

Broz

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

I just came back from a break and managed to play ffxi with no problems for the past day or so and today all of the sudden I crash and am no longer able to completely log in. I am able to get to the character log in screen and once the game goes to load my character it crashes. I have tried uninstalling all of the plugins etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The error log I posted previously was for a different issue. I do not appear to be getting a log of the current problem.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:58 AM

Can't do anything without a crash dump.

#3 cmz1025

cmz1025

• Members
      • Pip
      • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

same issue just happened to me.  last time i successfully logged in was around 5pm est sunday.  this morning at 4:45am (monday) is when i started to crash.  Always happens right at the character select screen and error message just says POL has stopped working.

edit:  turned off spellcast and everything is working fine now

#4 wolferine

wolferine

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Looks like the problem might be Spellcast. I turned it off (noticing a brand new little yellow triangle saying "not supported" which hasn't been there long) and was able to get in.

#5 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 102 posts
          • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

Same here, but what is really strange is until today (Monday, May 19, 2014) Spellcast was working fine for me.  Once I went to use Windower after midnight now it dies with each attempt to use it (100% reproducible).

I noticed in the Plugin list Spellcast has a notice saying its no longer supported.  Thus I"m wondering what is its replacement, if any?

Thanks! :-)

#6 thebookofdealy

thebookofdealy

• Members
          • Pip
          • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Interesting that Spellcast is now completely broken, even though there hasn't been a game update.  You guys gave us all of four days to make the conversion from Spellcast to Gearswap.  I know windower and everything is free, but the handling of this Spellcast/Gearswap thing has been pretty bad.  Almost everyone I know uses Spellcast, and they're all going to wake up today to a crash upon login and the knowledge that they can't do anything until they convert.

#7 Skyfawn

Skyfawn

• Members
            • Pip
            • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

I noticed that Timers is also broken this morning.

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Interesting that Spellcast is now completely broken, even though there hasn't been a game update.  You guys gave us all of four days to make the conversion from Spellcast to Gearswap.  I know windower and everything is free, but the handling of this Spellcast/Gearswap thing has been pretty bad.  Almost everyone I know uses Spellcast, and they're all going to wake up today to a crash upon login and the knowledge that they can't do anything until they convert.

Spellcast is not the issue here, it's the new resources. Once we fix those, SC will work again. You can keep using Spellcast until SE screws it up, not us. We won't ever touch Spellcast again, so there's very little chance of us breaking it.

#9 trap is jesus

trap is jesus

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Ok so i am trying to get into Gear swap. I already have it loaded but how do i load my Whm Gear swap lua?

#10 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 1189 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

The issue should be fixed now.

For a GearSwap tutorial see this:

http://www.ffxiah.com/node/145

#11 trap is jesus

trap is jesus

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 14 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:40 PM

Ok thanks for that but i still need help.... what is the command i type in ffxi to see my Individual sets that i have... for example in Spellcast i only had to type in  //sc set cure   and that would bring up my cure set. so is there any command to do this in Lua?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users