4-year old spellcast, needs updating?

10 replies to this topic

#1 LarienTiwele

LarienTiwele

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

I just reciently returned to FFXI after a four-year hiatus, and upon loading my old spellcast script, when I use it it doesn't always swap my gear properly, forgetting pieces, putting on wrong pieces, and the like. In the console, I get an error "Spellcast: ERROR - Outdated XML. (regex) or (buffactive) must be updated." - I looked on the plugins page for updated info, but am unable to find anyy... as the code updater isn't linked so I have no idea if thats what it is or what...

The top of my spellcast, to give a potential idea what could be the big issue is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- =================================================== || || Aikar's BLM SpellCast Template || || This file is designed to be easily used by others. || Simply editing in your own gear and modifying the variables up top || should be all that is needed to make use of this file. || || Please be sure to configure the variables prior to use. || || If you have any questions - Please post on the forums. =================================================== -->
      -<spellcast> <config ShowSpellInfo="false" Debug="true" ShowGearSwaps="false" HideErrors="true" RequireVersion="2.18"/>

Any help would be appreciated in fixing this, or getting me back up to date. Let me know if more info is needed as well.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

The entire XML is needed.

#3 LarienTiwele

LarienTiwele

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Kk, here's a link to pastebin... and will attach my original file as well, incase.

http://pastebin.com/QWhSY5w0

Attached Files

• Attached File  blm.xml   14.14K   1 downloads

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

There are dashes in there that shouldn't be. You're also using the outdated action-tags (and they were already outdated 4 years ago).

Here's a new file, see if this will work.

Attached Files

• Attached File  blm.xml   13.56K   4 downloads

#5 LarienTiwele

LarienTiwele

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Can't say it works or not, as when I try and load it it gives me an error agai. "XML parsing error: Line 316 - Error reading end tag."
          http://pastebin.com/ZXcGp0hv

According to pastebin, line 315, 316 and 317 are here:

<main>$%SpellElementStaff</main>
                                  </command>
                          </else>

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Yeah, that </command> should be an </equip>. Bad regex replacing on my part.

#7 LarienTiwele

LarienTiwele

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Looks like the one you fixed up works a bit better then the original, though some of my macros still give that same error (outdated regex or buffactive).

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

I've never used SC regex, so I'm not entirely sure on this, but try to change this:

<if Advanced='(!((regex)%Weather=^.* x2$(/regex) AND "%WeatherElement" = "%SpellElement" AND "$%SpellElementObi" = "1") OR !("%WeatherElement" = "%spellElement")) AND ("%SpellElement" = "%DayElement" AND "$BLMAF2Pants" = "1") AND ("%skill"="ElementalMagic")'>

To this:

<if Advanced='(!(%Weather=(regex)^.* x2$(/regex) AND "%WeatherElement" = "%SpellElement" AND "$%SpellElementObi" = "1") OR !("%WeatherElement" = "%spellElement")) AND ("%SpellElement" = "%DayElement" AND "$BLMAF2Pants" = "1") AND ("%skill"="ElementalMagic")'>

#9 LarienTiwele

LarienTiwele

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

Looks like it's still doing it on stuff. Guess I should remake a simpler spellcast since the base was outdated... Better to make it fresh then to try and make fixes to an older version that is outdated and buggy now. Hopefully I'll be able to remember how to make a decent spellcast build since this one was years old and was made with help from a friend who coded stuff for a living lol.

#10 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

You should really try using GearSwap if you're starting over. It has a higher learning curve but the rewards are worth it.

#11 Yopop

Yopop

• Members
              • Pip
              • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I did not want to make another thread about the same topic.  I have been gone over a year or two and everytime I do a few commands with my .xml a crash report pops up.

Can you guys take a look?

A huge issue I have is that the

/ma ClassTrigger .ready
                /ma ClassTrigger .ready-cycle

when I try //ma ClassTrigger etc.. nothing happens, i know before I left if I typed that you would see the prompt in Windower come up, but now I can't see anything.

any help or direction would be great.

Attached Files

• Attached File  bst.xml   42.5K   2 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users