lootboxthird-party

2 replies to this topic

#1 kaivalya

kaivalya

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

The Lootbox program was abandoned by the author after he quit FFXI awhile back, but there have still been some updates up until June 2013.

The thread on the old forums is here, the author's page for Lootbox is here, and it's Google Code page is over there

The problem I'm having is some of the items are not displaying text. I'm not a programmer(just know some php scripting) so I don't think I can fix this.  I did look at the code and found that the FFXIhelper.cpp file is missing the latest jobs. I'm guessing that's either breaking a list or failing to return values or something when the new jobs show up in a dat file.

I was hoping someone(that can fix the code) could take a look at it.  If it looks like a time consuming problem then I'd appreciate some suggestions on what needs to be done to fix it.

If there's a better(updated) off-line inventory browser please let know and we can let Lootbox follow Altana's Cubby into the annals of history.

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's reading the .dat files directly, and the format of the files has changed slightly since it was last updated on June 30, 2012. It will need to be updated to reflect those changes. POLUtils can be used as a reference for this process.

I don't the time to devote to this myself, but perhaps someone else does. Anyone looking to take this on will probably need some basic knowledge of C++; having basic knowledge of C# would also be beneficial for reading the POLUtils source, but the syntax is similar enough to C++ that it's probably not necessary.

#3 xebeth`

xebeth`

• Members
        • Pip
        • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

I'm the author of Lootbox and I just found this thread because someone emailed me about taking over the project. So, hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

EDIT: The new maintainer has put out a new version here.

• Arcon likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users