Sandbox Plugin Crashes

No replies to this topic

#1 Zubrin

Zubrin

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I've been dealing with a lot of crashes (game freezes, pol.exe has stopped working, etc.) that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of because they are seemingly random. This happens with both 4.0 and 4.1, on Windows 8 and 8.1 even after a full OS reinstall. I don't have any crash dumps at the moment and I'm still trying other fixes (switching to a non-Steam installation, perhaps older video drivers) so I'm not expecting any solutions to those just yet.

I'm a dual boxer, so I thought maybe chat log issues could be an issue (I've had crashes with only one instance up though, so that's either not an issue or just one of multiple issues). I read the Sandbox plugin is supposed to fix this, but I can't seem to get it to work. Every time it loads, either manually or auto-loading, it freezes my game and crashes POL, usually before I can see an error message in the console. When I am able to see an error message, it says Access Violation in Initialize Method.

Are there any well-known causes to this problem? It happens with either Windower version even if the other plugins/addons are disabled.

Not sure if relevant, but system specs are:

Windows 8.1

i5 2500k (not overclocked)

Asus P8P67-M Pro

4GB RAM (no errors on memtest, timings set correctly in BIOS)

AMD 2GB 6950 (CCC 13.9. No issues running FurMark for a half hour)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users