Support

4 replies to this topic

#1 NajaWinter

NajaWinter

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:34 PM

I'm at my wits end trying to figure out this problem that started around a month ago. After using windower for around an hour (sometimes a little more or little less) my game will crash or load my character into a black void next time I zone.

I came back to the game around 3 months ago and until last month I've been duoboxing mine and my brothers character no problem. Now it seems that if I load one or both characters I'm on an invisible timer until one crashes.

I've tried reinstalling FFXI in steam 3 times and reinstalling from the Pol website once thinking it was a game problem. This has fixed nothing. I've tried turning off all my Addons and that hasn't fixed the problem. My current running guess is that windower is causing a memory leak, but I have no way to test or fix that.

I'm going to keep messing around in the settings and try and find whats causing this but I'd love feedback/help as this is greatly hurting my ability to enjoy the game as I can't do content with other players for fear I'll drop in the middle of a pull or fight.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

If your game crashes, you can provide us with a crash dump, that may help us analyze that. You can find out if it's a memory leak if you check the process's memory consumption in the task manager (or, if it's an addon, //lua m, but you mentioned it happened without addons as well).

#3 NajaWinter

NajaWinter

• Members
      • Pip
      • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Thank you a ton for providing the Crash dump file Arcon! I'll get it set up and go grind some assaults while waiting for it to drop me so I can finally take a look at this.

#4 NajaWinter

NajaWinter

• Members
        • Pip
        • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

How should I share these .dmp files? Just zip them up and create a link? Wanting to know the forum edicate.

Also I notice that when I had the system administrator "pop up" on my screen to ask permission to run the crash dump it crashed my game. Hopefully that and these files narrow down whats going on.

#5 NajaWinter

NajaWinter

• Members
          • Pip
          • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

https://www.dropbox....JGw_X_yNJa?dl=0

Hopefully this link should work an allow for downloading of the files. Thank you again to Acron and to anyone interested in helping. I'm not all that savvy with this stuff but I'll try my best to look at these .dmp files in the morning and see what I can find out about them. 

The "pol.exe.4460.dmp" crash that seemed to have happened for no reason to it at all. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users