Photo

Commands /range /shoot won't parse. Broken?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Greetings everyone.

I posted this in the old forums just before it changed and never did get any response.

I've pulled my RNG out of retirement specifically for delve bosses and found that sc cannot properly parse /ra, /range or /shoot.

The following rules will not parse:

<if spell="ranged">
         <!-- I feel lonely because sc won't parse me so i can do... -->
         <equip set="Snapshot" />
      </if>

or

<if commandprefix="/range" />
      <!-- Doh same here -->

//sc debug on returns this:

[2:23:28 AM] 23280:<282081> Writing to Console: SpellCast: Debug logging now: \cs(0,255,0)ON\cr
      [2:23:35 AM] 14232:<7207> IncNormalCmd: ý*ý <t>
      [2:23:35 AM] 14232:<0> SpellSearch Returned: (no)  : <t> (no) - NotST

//sc debug off

I looked at abils.xml in resources and found that "/range" is indeed listed at the very top.

<a id="1" index="0" prefix="/range" english="Ranged" german="Fernwaffe" french="Attaque à dist." japanese="飛び道具" type="Misc" element="None" targets="Enemy" skill="Ability" mpcost="0" tpcost="-1" casttime="0" recast="0" alias="" /> 

However I still can't get sc to parse this event and pass a rule. I'm certain the fault lies within spellcast and hope the devs can come up with a fix. Without the rules parse my precast Snapshot/RACC set is useless unless I idle in it which is what I don't want when i can idle in MDT or PDT sets.

Any suggestions and/or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Lastest version of W4, Windows7 and yes I know how to write a spellcast xml.

#2 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 39 posts
      • LocationJersey

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I used to use this for pulling, tested it and still works fine, whats your macro in game look like?

<include name="RuleRanged">
      <if spell="Range*|*Elegy|Flash">
      <if spellTargetDistanceGT="25">
      <cmd>input /echo ========== %spelltarget is %TargetDistance yalms away, too far to pull! ==========</cmd>
      <cancelspell />
      <return />
      </if>
      <elseif SpellTargetDistanceLT="25" SpellTargetHPPGT="99">
      <cmd>input /p \xFD\x02\x02\x18\x04\xFD &lt;t&gt; &gt;~~~&gt;&gt;&gt; \xFD\x02\x02\x05\x05\xFD &lt;call14&gt;</cmd>
      <equip when="precast" set="Ranged" />
      </elseif>
      <else SpellTargetDistanceLT="25" SpellTargetHPPLT="100" >
      <equip when="precast" set="Ranged" />
      </else>
      </if>
      </include>		

#3 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I used to use this for pulling, tested it and still works fine, whats your macro in game look like?

Okay this is odd. When I shoot an arrow off the game menu (abilitys > Ranged Attack) the rule will parse and everything works fine. But if I use my RA macro (I use /shoot <t>) it will not.

Isn't /shoot <t> the correct macro syntax for spellcast? Macro shoots an arrow just fine but sc won't see it for some reason.

Here is my xml if anyone wants. http://pastebin.com/mFp49g64

#4 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

Okay I found the problem and a fix.

Apparently I was using the in-game command/auto-translate of "</shoot> <t>" in my macro which, for some reason, sc can't detect. I don't know why but sc will detect all the other game commands like </magic> </jobability> and </weaponskill> but not </shoot>.

Don't use the auto-trans of </shoot>. Instead type it out manually so that it says, "/shoot <t>" to trigger any sc rules and commands.

It's a tiny glitch I know but enough to cause me. and many others (from what I've read) so much consternation and headaches.

So keep that Impulse Belt. I'm hoping the devs will come up with a fix and that this answer will save many others from giving up on a IMO superb and versatile DD job.

So yay go me... pew pew pew!

#5 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts
          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

Weird, I thought auto-translate in outgoing text was handled properly. This can be looked into. Could you please open an issue for this on our issue tracker?

#6 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

Weird, I thought auto-translate in outgoing text was handled properly. This can be looked into. Could you please open an issue for this on our issue tracker?

I sure will! I was in the middle of writing a work-around script using a dummy spell, Firaga III when I thought I'd try something else and found this. I must've leapt off my chair when I did. Saved me a ton of headaches.

{/range} and {/shoot} aren't being parsed by sc. Guess the devs never leveled Rng.  :P

#7 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts
            • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Or they don't use auto-translate in their macros, why would anyone do that? ;p

Still weird and I'll look into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users