Photo

Console font stroke

ConsoleFonts

Best Answer Iryoku , 13 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

There's currently no way to set a stroke for the text in the console. The console is an entirely separate object internally, and not managed the same way all of the other text objects in Windower are. However, it is built from the same basic components, so it is possible for us to add a command to do this. It's just unlikely to happen.

Go to the full post

7 replies to this topic

#1 DerianX

DerianX

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

Just curious if anyone knows of any commands to adjust the stroke (outline) of the text in the windower console to improve visibility without relying on consolebg. I checked the documentation and did some searching but came up empty.

"DX" from archived Windower forum.

#2 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 324 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

you can do it with

"your text":text_color(RRR,GGG,BBB)

where R=red,G=green,B=blue

example (how i do it in my gaze_check addon):

print('Gaze_check: auto_gaze = '..(settings.auto_gaze and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
              ' / auto_perm_gaze = '..(settings.auto_perm_gaze and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
              '\n            auto_point = '..(settings.auto_point and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
              ' / test_mode = '..(test_mode and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255)))

#3 DerianX

DerianX

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 13 posts
      • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:35 AM

I'm guessing this overlays a second copy of the text with another color over the console text?

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:08 AM   Best Answer

There's currently no way to set a stroke for the text in the console. The console is an entirely separate object internally, and not managed the same way all of the other text objects in Windower are. However, it is built from the same basic components, so it is possible for us to add a command to do this. It's just unlikely to happen.

#5 DerianX

DerianX

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 13 posts
        • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for clarifying.

#6 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 324 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

I'm guessing this overlays a second copy of the text with another color over the console text?

no it actually causes the color of the text in the console to change

#7 DerianX

DerianX

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 13 posts
          • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Oh I think I see now. If the console is open the text is one color and if it's closed it's another?

#8 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 324 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:46 AM

Oh I think I see now. If the console is open the text is one color and if it's closed it's another?

you cant see the text in the console when its closed so it does not matter

for instance whit this code

print('Gaze_check: auto_gaze = '..(settings.auto_gaze and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
            ' / auto_perm_gaze = '..(settings.auto_perm_gaze and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
            '\n auto_point = '..(settings.auto_point and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255))..
            ' / test_mode = '..(test_mode and ('on'):text_color(0,255,0) or ('off'):text_color(255,255,255)))

with everything set to off it looks like this in the console

Gaze_check: auto_gaze = off
            auto_perm_gaze = off
            auto_point = off
            test_mode = off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users