Problem with windower on new PC

2 replies to this topic

#1 MedicFour

MedicFour

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

So I just purchased a new Asus laptop today, my first experience with Windows 8.  I got FFXI all installed and updated and it runs fine without windower.  I installed Windower and now it is freezing up when it tries to go full screen, just past the update screen.  I've been playing with the FFXIconfig settings as well as the windower setting, but it freezes no matter what I do.  Any suggestions?

• hedge likes this

#2 hedge

hedge

• Members
      • Pip
      • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

totally new here so if i dont follow your SOP im sorry.

first i also have been having this same problem, i stopped playing ffxi in april( i try to enjoy the weather ) things were working fine. when i came back a few days ago things changed. i have updated both the ffxi and the windower. played with the settings and looked thu these forums. i did follow the direction in one thread that said to create a dump file and upload it. i tried this and the link is http://www.megafileu...lcrash-dmp.html

i am very close to being an idiot with this new platform so please be gentile. thanks so much

p.s i have been playing ffxi for over 8 yrs windower is ther greatest thing and just wouldn't be the same w/o it~

#3 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

Medic, do you see the windower text pop up on the left? If it freezes after the whole "Draw Distance" or so, that seems to be a normal issue for some of us atm, basically its just all about try try again.

Now for me, I do not set windower to full screen, I have it as windowed resolution mode. Works on my windows 8 as well.

sig.jpg
          Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
          ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users