1 reply to this topic

#1 Kazaki

Kazaki

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 17 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Hi all,

Apologies for what is going to sound like a nooby post, I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

I'd really like to learn how to code, so I thought why not start with something that I can see working on a game I play regularly. I have zero coding knowledge but would like to learn through a small/simple project. Currently, I'm going through freecodecamp and I'm right at the start of it, so my knowledge really is right at the start.

I was thinking of creating a plugin that plays a custom sound file when a new item goes into your inventory. This probably sounds incredibly simple for the pros out there but I would like to achieve this as a first goal type thing.

I've been thinking about what I would need;

• Be able to detect a new item going into inventory, as I don't want it to trigger on old items of the same ID
      • Detect item IDs
      • Read player inventory
      • commands to add/remove items to a 'watch list' 
      • Read the watch list items (by ID and by name?) that then triggers a saved sound file 
      • Trigger the sound file

Is there anything else I would need to do think about? 

The biggest question I have really is; where would I first start as someone who knows pretty much nothing? I've been looking around the forums but it seems a little too advanced for my stage. 

Huge thanks in advance for your kind replies and guidance. 

Kazaki

#2 Nifim

Nifim

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 13 posts
      • LocationWashington

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:29 AM

Hi Kaz,

Since i am not sure how much info you want versus how much you want to figure out on your own. Here is the bare minimum the direction you need to be looking > http://dev.windower....pi:events:start. To be more specific you want to scroll down to "add item" in the event list, this event has everything you need for what you are looking to do.

If you would like a bit more i would be glad to help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users