7 replies to this topic

#1 Terasan

Terasan

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hey there!

Since yesterday, me and my friends have noticed something particularly weird going on.  Whenever FFXI loses focus, it repeats any input that was happening while it lost focus - Alt+tab out and it keeps the alt macro-bar up, Alt+tab while moving and you go flying off into never-never land.  Just started happening yesterday after a Windower update, and it doesn't seem to happen when I've got the base client running in windowed mode.  Anything I can do to remedy this or am I just gonna have to remember to not let it lose focus while I'm running around?  Much <3 for ya'll and your work!

• Fortunatus likes this

#2 Fortunatus

Fortunatus

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

I'm experiencing a similar issue. Every time I boot POL from Windower the Radio box marked "Enable gamepad when game is inactive" gets unticked in the FFXiPadConfig.exe.

The issue started yesterday after the update and has affected 3 of my machines.

All running Windows 7(two towers running x64 ultimate and a laptop running x64 home premium)

If anybody could assist that would be wonderful. if I can help or provide additional information let me know.

Thank you~

#3 Big Tymer

Big Tymer

• Members
        • Pip
        • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

I'm having a similar issue after the Windower update.  Mine is the opposite of Fortunatus's:  when I run the game through Windower, it's like Windower is changing my ffxi config gamepad settings.  I have 'Enable gamepad when game is inactive' unchecked, but after I load up the game through Windower, it becomes checked.  It doesn't seem to work the other way around (which would have worked as a temporary solution).  Either way, with the latest Windower update, Windower seems to be changing ffxi config settings upon load.

#4 Saiht

Saiht

• Members
          • Pip
          • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

I'm having the same issue as Big Tymer. When I run the game on Windower, it changes gamepad config. It enables gamepad while inactive and like Terasan, it keeps my alt macro bar active. I haven't tried it while moving because of that post. This update makes it impossible to dual-box because my controller is never inactive.

#5 Big Tymer

Big Tymer

• Members
            • Pip
            • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:06 AM

Update:  I found a fix for my issue - changed the setting in Windower > Advanced tab > change the always enable gamepad option off.

• Saiht likes this

#6 Saiht

Saiht

• Members
              • Pip
              • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Thanks so much Big Tymer. That fixed my problem as well.

#7 Fortunatus

Fortunatus

• Members
                • Pip
                • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:08 AM

It appears that this mornings update has disabled my controller entirely. Ticking/unticking the option in either Windower or in the FFXI gamepad config does nothing. My controller just doesn't respond when using Windower.

Windows config, Fallout 4, Elite:Dangerous, & vanilla FFXI recognize it.

I'm using a Wireless Xbox 360 controller via the wireless adapter. Both are Microsoft brand.

#8 Terasan

Terasan

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

Not to be a dick, but y'all could've made another topic or something instead of hijacking someone's thread... currently I'm just using an old hook dll and blocked windower from updating via Windows firewall, and it's working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users