Macro Editor

4 replies to this topic

#1 thatdudegrim

thatdudegrim

• Members
    • Pip
    • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

I've written a program, a compiled .exe that is a Macro Editor for FFXI. I know all the potential threats of asking someone to run an executable (I could be rich, lol!, which is why I'm asking for reputable people to review it..

I was wondering if anyone on the windower team would be would be willing to take a look at the full source code. It's written in VB.NET. If you'd like to, I'd even let you host a version you compiled yourself.

I really really absolutely loathe this game's in-game macro editor.

I do use Yekyaa's FFXI encoding to handle auto-translate, as it is now open-source. The work he put into that still stands and is tremendous. Naturally, his loader is unmodified, so credit and usage is obvious (and deserved). Of course, the source code to my implementation of that will be included as well.

All transparent.

• Cuzenu likes this

#2 thatdudegrim

thatdudegrim

• Members
      • Pip
      • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:27 PM

A screenshot

The editor does not rename books "Empty", that's just what I choose to name books I've deleted.

For this screenshot, I've deliberately selected one macro and moused over another, just to show some of the features.

The program supports nearly full keyboard navigation, all levels of copying and pasting to an internal clipboard or to Windows Clipboard (if you want to share macros).

l6zcSuI.png

#3 thatdudegrim

thatdudegrim

• Members
        • Pip
        • 6 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

A facelift with some new features. The compiled application is available for download at

https://github.com/F...tor/MainProgram

ZMHlF8x.png?1

It came to my attention that Windower Team maintains the Macro Editor in POLUtils (It didn't come up in google results before I started this project, which is predominately results for Yekyaa's former program).

Not intending to step on any toes but as much as I love writing lua's for Gearswap (I really actually enjoy it), I hate writing macros in game. Too many features are missing and certain tasks, like copying macro lines across books are grueling tasks.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

I really don't check these forums nearly often enough...

In any case, I looked it over. I didn't see any immediate red flags, and it seems to work as advertised.

P.S.: We only really maintain our fork of POLUtils for historical reasons. We used to rely on POLUtils for part of our resources extraction, and maintaining our own version was easier than relying on someone else to fix the things we needed. We no longer use POLUtils, but our fork seems to be used by a number of people, so we've tried to keep it relatively up-to-date (though we have been letting things lapse of late). You're certainly not stepping on any toes here.

• thatdudegrim likes this

#5 thatdudegrim

thatdudegrim

• Members
            • Pip
            • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Thought I'd share that the source code is now freely available.

It is, after all, not terribly difficult to decompile a program and the best way to protect the intent is to share the source.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users