Accessing "Checkparam <me>" data

5 replies to this topic

#1 MarcoV

MarcoV

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Is there a function that can access the info returned by this in-game command, such as Attack, defense, accuracy, etc? I would like to create a hud of some sort to display and track this dynamically, or possibly use it to trigger special states for gearswap changes.

I'm guessing you can parse the incoming chunks from using that actual command with "send_command()", but it doesn't seem practical for what I am trying to do. I don't think you can use the command while a menu is open either.

First post, thanks in advance!

#2 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 334 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

you could send an outgoing packet 0x0DD with check type 2 to bypass the menus, but dunno if it's good to spam an outgoing packet.

• MarcoV likes this

#3 MarcoV

MarcoV

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Hmm, yeah you're right, I would be nervous to spam any outgoing like that.  I think I'll parse some different incoming packets tonight and see if I can find anything.

I guess there is the potential to set up something that gathers job/subjob, job traits, level, etc. to add up the information itself... But that is starting to sound like a mountain of work for something that only gives a little amount of benefit.

lol, early stages here, if I find anything interesting I'll report back.  Thanks for the input though ^^

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:43 AM

You would only need to send the packet when equipment, buffs, jobs or levels change, and you can easily throttle the packets so that it doesn't send more than, say, 1 every 5 seconds. If you wanted to go further you could keep a map of equipment + buffs → stats so that you don't need to ping the server if you know the answer already.

• MarcoV likes this

#5 MarcoV

MarcoV

• Members
            • Pip
            • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:53 PM

That's a great idea, so basically check all of the variable parameters and link those to the accuracy/defense values that get returned by the 0x0DD packet in a table.  Then I could record those with the config library (I think) so they get saved, and then have some logic setup to see if an outgoing packet is even necessary.

As you see, I'm kind of working this through in my head as I write the post.  This is good stuff, thanks for all the input. Hopefully I can make a go with this sometime tonight, I'm fairly comfortable working with the ffxi set of functions, but haven't really worked with the packets directly before.  So it might be a while before I have anything working, but I'm happy to share anything I come up with that might be useful.

#6 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:15 AM

I wouldn't store anything in persistent storage; it's too easy to end up with stale data. Just cache the information in a table and and start fresh every time the Addon loads. You'll also probably want to clear the cached data on level up and job change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users